Mustang Mania

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

View attachment 717541
N551H

Arriving at Oshkosh on the 21 July 2019, this H model certainly looks different. Not unlike a Mk.1 Spitfire looks different than a Mk.24. One can tell it is a Mustang or Sptfire but it just is not quite right.

Cheers

Jeff
A perfect left profile.

N551J.JPG

N551J

Date 04August 2012
Time 06:10 hrs
Location Willow Run Airport Ypsilanti Michigan
Subject P-51 D Mustang Gentleman Jim

Cheers

Jeff

Never liked the H. Looks like it ate something bad.
I rather like it, mostly because of how the radiator duct and fuselage blend. I don't like the upper nose line as much, but that's where the XP-51F/G come in, which blend the D's and H's lines. Not to mention that they were the best performing Mustangs and the H and the F-82 wouldn't exist without them.

View attachment 716719
N351B

Seen for the first time ( by me ) at Oshkosh on 25July2021, this bluenoser carries the name E Pluribus Unum. She was a recent restoration having been registered in 2020.

Cheers

Jeff
Jeff: I had lots of hours working on this one, when she was Vern P's airplane. Vern kept her at Fox51 most of the time, but did move her to Gainsville, Tx, at times to his hangar there. When Vern went down, it was terrible day for us, as he was hoping rides at a friend's birthday party. In the accident, the fuselage was pretty much destroyed from the radiator forward. We moved the wreckage to Vern's ranch after the investigation was completed and at the time, the family had no plans to ever allow it to be rebuilt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back