My Diorama

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Totally agree with Muller and Wayne,it's nice to see a youngster that not only has an interest in the history created that has allowed our freedom today, but that he is also so keen. I for one have offered my help and support, as I am sure a lot of others have. So, after the school work, and after the build begins, and when the camera is working..... show us some pics!!!! Keep at it B17, all the best, Terry

Ok so I found out how to work the digital camera....There is pictures of the Dirt and Moss (used as bushed) in there aswell as my first step....The road...It is based on a Picture frame and sandpaper glued down....It actually sticks I was suprised but anyway here......Tommorow I will start using the spackle. (tonight I have a baseball game.)

Attachments

• 102_2978.jpg
    102_2978.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 93
  • 102_2980.jpg
    102_2980.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 94
  • 102_2982.jpg
    102_2982.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 96
  • 102_2983.jpg
    102_2983.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 93
  • 102_2984.jpg
    102_2984.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 110
  • 102_2985.jpg
    102_2985.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 97
Ooops! Hadn't realised you were attaching your 'ground' materials to glass!
Very great risk of the glass breaking at some stage, which is not only a danger, but will crack your display.Even though you've started, get rid of the glass and use the base of the frame.If you're unable to use the latter, replace it with some rigid board - thin plywood, 'hardboard' or preferably thin MDF. It could save many problems as you progress, and in the future.

Take the glass out. It should have a backer board. Or maybe just thick paper. :cry:

If you have no backerboard, can you cut a piece of plywood to fit the frame? You don't have to use a tablesaw (DO NOT USE ANY POWER TOOLS UNLESS YOUR DAD HELPS!!). You would only need the plywood, a pencil, a ruler, and a hand saw. Might help to have your dad hold it down for you though.

Pb is right. Don't put it on the glass if you can avoid it. It likely will break at some time and then your whole diarama will be ruined. That would be a lot of work down the drain.

Thanks My baseball game got cancelled! Although I like baseball wasn't feeling up to it today...more time to plan and experiment though!

Much better, now you're learning. Don't worry about these initial mistakes, treat everything as a learning curve, and file the knowledge for future use. Remember, EVERYBODY learns something new every day. What might seem obvious to one person is probably because that person has the experience; it may not be so obvious to others until explained or demonstrated. This is never as true as with me and computers....I'm only just learning, whereas you could probably tie me up in knots because of your experience with the awkward, stubborn, how-did-I-ever-live-without-it things!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back