My Diorama

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Funny... I live in Norway and we need several metres of snow before it get's cancelled... 5 inches is little snow for us :p

My shcool only cancelled once, in 30 years! 7 metres of snow.... our schools only cancel the day if the buses cannot get out... -.-

Oh, I'm the youtube guy that made that video you requested :)

Yeah, catch... They don't cancel schools here untill the buses can't go.. and for that, it must be so much that the roadmaintance guys can't get their equipment out..

Thanks schools cancelled today!! 5 inches of snow......:lol: :lol:

School cancelled for 5 inches of snow....5 INCHES!!?? :shock: :lol: That's not snow...that's dandruff....a layer of dust! You guys have an easy life!:lol:

Funny... I live in Norway and we need several metres of snow before it get's cancelled... 5 inches is little snow for us :p

My shcool only cancelled once, in 30 years! 7 metres of snow.... our schools only cancel the day if the buses cannot get out... -.-

Oh, I'm the youtube guy that made that video you requested :)

Of all my 11 years in school I never had any of my schools, cancelled because of snow OR cold. And, then as Huxy pointed out, I'm also used to several meters of snow and colder than -40c...!

There's been times when I've wondered how the good people here in the UK, would handle a Swedish/Norwegian winter with all the snow and cold....:lol:

5 inches!?:lol:

Little different here in most parts of the States that don't get much snow. Example, here in Seattle it rarely snows. Until a severe snowstorm hit about 8-10yrs ago, we only had 3-5 snowplows to cover literally thousands of square miles of city and county roads. During the ice storm (followed by about 3 inches of snow) the whole Pacific Northwest became paralyzed. Abandoned cars blocked not only back streets, but expressways. It looked post-apocalyptic with thousands upon thousands of cars abandoned in the middle of streets and expressways. It was a mess.

Without proper equipment you would be suprised how little snow can shut down a major metropolitan area. And the equipment is expensive to sit for 8-9yrs without use waiting for the perfect storm.

3 inches of snow? haha..

Well, Lucky... same here.. 11 years at school, never been closed... The 7 meter thingy that came -OVERNIGHT- , was like in the 70's haha :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back