My First Attempt at Armour, The Panther Panzer KampfwagenV Ausf A....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

OK, finished up the black/rusty wash, including some wear and tear corrosion.... Wheels are all washed as well, ready for the next step...

Comments/suggestions???

Attachments

• latest 002.jpg
    latest 002.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 63
  • latest 005.jpg
    latest 005.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 61
  • latest 006.jpg
    latest 006.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 57
  • latest 009.jpg
    latest 009.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 76
  • latest 011.jpg
    latest 011.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 59
  • latest 013.jpg
    latest 013.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 58
Looking great Dan. Picking out the grease on the bolt heads is particulary effective. A little cleaning up here and there and the greasy panel lines will look fantastic!

I think so... It aint perfect, but its more detailed than anything Ive even remotely done, so Im pleased so far....

Sad thing is, Im trying to mimick professionals like Wayne and Wojtek, and Im not quite there, but its interesting seeing how certain methods work dont work.... I tried 3 different mixes for my wash before I got it close to the desired thickness....

Noone was born with a brush in their hand, Dan, and I think you've got the hang of it pretty damn quick to be blunt. I hope I'm as successful when I finally get my own airbrush and compressor.

Oh ok... So all of my washing is done before dull cote???

I afraid you got me a bit wrong Dan.Simply if these panel lines aren't enhanced enough initially these become almost invisible under the dust,mud etc..layers.But now, looking at your pics I have gotten an impression you found your own way to make the weathering.It's great my friend.:cool:

Keep working...
:D :thumbleft:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back