My friend could use some prayers....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good news, buddy. It appears that all youth sports are being extra cautious about kids getting concussions. I'm sure you have been given the drill in soccer too.

Yes, thanks Matt!

Well our field is regular 50-70. 50 from the pitchers mound to home plate and 70 feet to each base. I am playing on a 13 year old team (even though I'm 14) and I just don't feel safe anymore playing firstbase in the infield

Dont feel that way Harrison about playing the infield... I played 1st base after I threw out my arm pitching in Little League and there was never a threat of being nailed by the ball, except by lefty hitters....

When they come up to bat, the first baseman usually takes several steps backwards to be able to react to the line drive...

Ull be fine kid, u cant fear the ball or ull never be able to play effectively....

Glad to hear your buddy is OK Harrison! You can never be too careful with a concussion, it's good to see they take it seriously.

We played hurling in school, 30 kids on a pitch with big sticks trying to hit a small leather ball around the place, it's a bit like a cross between rugby and golf! I broke both thumbs a few times playing it. And a few ribs. Every match you'd bet plenty of bruises. We weren't even made wear headgear. They do now, they use ice hockey helmets.

I still have my CBA and an old iniba vest if you need them harrison
CBA is combat body armour and the iniba vest is similar but with a kevlar plate which covers the heart

Glad to hear that your friend is gonna be OK. I gotta a concussion playing ball once, but it wasn't from the ball. It was from being slammed by a big brute of a baserunner charging hell-bent for home. He broke my left wrist, too...

BTW, as Les sez, playing first base isn't dangerous if you stay alert. Not like standing in the base path between third and home...:lol:

JL

I still have my CBA and an old iniba vest if you need them harrison
CBA is combat body armour and the iniba vest is similar but with a kevlar plate which covers the heart

Really? What did you use that for.

Thanks Butters!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back