my little trip on the Rhein (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

you need to head over to your German restaurant Tim. yes correct Spatzle and Rot Kohl along with Beef Rolladen. I actually had a nice white Table wein but of course had to try the Bier as well.............yum yum. It is a historical restaurant of note, the Ritterhof is one of the few buildings during world war 2 that was not creamed. when I took the pic we were standing right in front of one of the Katholische churches that during the war was just a pile of rubble with 1-2 support walls left. the locals have done a masterful job of reconstruction in this beautiful city

Nice shots, all of them. Great little vaca trip.

No German Restuaunts around here. I've looked in the past. One up in Bucks county (about 40 miles away) with a so-so rep. Buckets of Italian, some Thai and tons of burger, hoagie, pizza and cheesesteak places.

Matter of fact, there are probably very few German food resturaunts on the East Coast. First time I had spatzel was about 5 years ago.

Pretty sad really. Oughta be more stuff like that, given all the German history in Pa. Especially out where the Amish and Mennonite are.

Chris we would enjoy that............alot ! My wife has not cooked up Rolladen but has made a tasty Sauerbraten for Christmas one year, as I detest Turkey I'd luv to have her do that one up again. She is also not a wild fan of Spatzle but does enjoy a good dumplings

agreed wish we would of had a week to really seek out the attractions .......... ah alas we could not as it was a river cruise.

editing the many castle photos now along the stretch from Main/Wißbaden - used to have relatives living here for 10 years - up the northern sphere to Rüdesheim and into the Deutsche Eck at Koblenz

Chris we would enjoy that............alot ! My wife has not cooked up Rolladen but has made a tasty Sauerbraten for Christmas one year, as I detest Turkey I'd luv to have her do that one up again. She is also not a wild fan of Spatzle but does enjoy a good dumplings

I will get the recipe from my mom this weekend when we go to visit her.

My wife is Schwabian so Spaetzle is an all the time thing for us. She makes it homemade. Sometimes as a meal in itself with cheese or with meat and gravy.

I can give you a good Semmelknödel recipe. My mother in law tought me out to make them because I love them so much. Several times a year we meet up at the in laws house and my mother in law makes either Goose with Semmelknödel or Wild Boar with Semmelknödel.

Gotta love my German words mixed in with english huh!

Beef Rolladen, Goose with Semmelknödel or Wild Boar with Semmelknödel, Sauerbraten, you guys are just killing me over here, absolutely killing me...

man this is making me too hungry and yes Rot Kohl is made many different ways - numerous spices, apples, cinnomon, etc........... but always very good

some more scenes

on the right bank a building from Wißbaden

PICT0317.gif

approaching the Hall Tower at Eltville

PICT0322.gif

interesting facade almost to Ostrich

PICT03262.gif

Very nice pics mate and oh yes is the German food and Bier nice. My aunt's friends dad is from Germany and I loved it when we use to visit them and eat the German food. My mom has not made a good old cooking session in a while since everything has been getting more expensive.

a few more ~~

DSC_0334.gif

DSC_0338.gif

Rüdesheimer Kaffe - with a hit

DSC_0314.gif

DSC_0341.gif

statue Germania in the upper left

DSC_0342.gif

Great shots! Once again, between you and Adler, I'm dying over here. I get a trip to the Jersey beaches in about 8 hours. Yeah, let's hear it for heavy traffic and fat chicks in bikinis!

Might as well start drinking on the way down...

Is it true or just local folklore that Germania faces France as a direct "Upyours" to the French?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back