my little trip on the Rhein

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Käthe now has camera in hand .......... some of the neat Germanic Alt Bier/Wein advertizements.

PICT0066.gif

more of the Alt Stadt ~

PICT0067.gif

Great pics Erich!

I am really disappointed though! All you had to do was tell me a town or place and I would have driven to meet you.

I wish I could have Chris I was so or should we say we all were so regulated with this tour group/Cruise that the only free time I later found out was at Speyer and in Köln almost on our way homeward.......... we will hook up in the future man ~

hey 3 more pics.

From the Bakers Haus in Colmar, the 3 pics will somewhat finish up this most pleasureable place before we continue onward on the Wine road

PICT0076.gif

my wife found some flowers; I could tell she was drooling at some of the arrangements, this in the old former convent now a museums housing some very nice works of art, cameras surprisingly were allowed for foto shoots but were were a bit reluctant and only took a couple ~

PICT0080.gif

the end of the hallway is Matthias Grünewalds Retable d' Issenheim ~

PICT0084.gif

a bit fuzzy due to very dark conditions, the folks only allowed everyone so close to this rather large piece

Yeah...yeah....yeah....nice pics....whatever....blah...blah...yak...yak...WHO IS BITCHING!?

Nice pics Erich...LOVE those old houses...ever been to Gamla Stan in Stockholm?

never been to Sweden Lucky.......... I wish !

some more of Colmar then into Riquewihr on the wine route ~

DSC_0054.gif

DSC_0063.gif

let the drinking begin !!

DSC_0057.gif

got back on the ship spent overnite and then the canal cruise through Strassbourg. the windows were tall and curved back to cnter making photo taking a bit peeving, besides it was raining

heres a few snaps out of about 100 taken

PICT01152.gif

PICT0122.gif

PICT0123.gif

the Cathedral pf Notre Dame - windows and the front facade

PICT0132.gif

PICT01272.gif

Chris you need to fire up your Ansbach/Nürnburg thread again and show us some more of the scenes, plus your fav Bier Stube. we got back on the cruise ship a bit wasted even after having a French pressed coffee, and then we sailed north to Speyer..............need to go through that lot and get it sorted out.

please do Chris ........... !

got about anather 100 fotos of Speyer I am going through and then into Heidelberg, then to simplify

a little background once we left Strasbourg in theafternoon we passed flat ground covered in fields and Cottonwood/maple trees, the villages were well in the background, camping facilities were everywhere almost on waters edge with tents parked right on top of each other, this was the case right into Holland even close to rather large industrial centres. when we got to Speyer early eve the crew took about 3 or more hours to tie the boat off and really had troubles doing so due to heavy river currents. My Familie took off right after a huge dinner into the old square ............

DSC_0159.gif

passing the Kaiserdom to the old square where the locals were relaxing and a beautiful but quite humid evening with a good Bier

DSC_0165.gif

evening came real quick a memorial to the fallen in the first war

DSC_0166.gif

next morn with guide around 8.30 am we retraced our steps and viewed beautiful park like trees that at one time were buried in the Rhine as it was much wider during pre 1700 times

PICT01592.gif

one of two standing gates of the Medievel period

closer view of the scroll work on the Dom, we took tons of pics and since the interior was dark and blank........well you know the story they came out so-so.

DSC_0183.gif

a dedicated fountain filled with wine when the new archbishop is elected, hey I'm checking it out ...........dang nothing

DSC_0180.gif

the Trinity church from the Baroque era. during the late 1600's during the 30 ? years war with France, France really did much damage to the major German cities along the Rhine. Koblenz, Heidelberg, etc.

PICT02042.gif

PICT02132.gif

after losing my tour group and trying to find something very special for my gal I ran through town covered in sweat and then back to the bus where we were to view the city of Heidleberg...........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back