my little trip on the Rhein (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Erich

the old Sage
May 20, 2004
Platonic Sphere
don't worry folks I am not going to broadcast the 1700 or so fotos we took on this site, it would be like looking through old folks slides of the old homestead...........:shock:

just a few snaps for now till I can figure how to remove the dates from the bottom of the pics, etc...........this digital camera stuff is still pretty new to me, and it's an older camera besides

where is this located ??

PICT0263.gif

and another view up the Rhein outside of the wine village of Rüdesheim

PICT0377.gif

Two pics. Two lousy effing pics from your epic journey, Erich. Two pics. At this rate... let's see... two pics a day... 1700 pics... 850 days... 365 days a year...

This will be quite disappointing to me.

Machine gun us man!!!!!! Let's see 'em!! :lol:

Matt I am working from a stinking disk and have to put this on another saved file account and ............. in any case I am a real *ick-head when it comes to photography and placing images. give me a day or two as I have some days off and will try and start in the beginning, the skies were mostly cloudy but when it did clear off it was grand.

top one by the way is the mighty fortress overlooking Heidelberg. man what a facility and too many people on the typical guided tours, you'll see when I post some frames soon.

tired as can be my bro on the right and yourss cracking everyone up with our jesting in Frankfurt airport after a flight from SAC in Cali to Chicago and then 9 hours to Germany, lucky the security didn't arrest us, we were in everything

PICT0010.gif

then to a local restaurant burped on Weißwurst and Bier early in the morn and they brought us MausKuchen, dang that was yummie ~ great food

PICT0022.gif

after the 3 hour layover and we are barely awake the 6 of us mounted on a sub-link craft via Lufthansa which was the quitest ride I have ever flown ~ up and over the Alpen to Basel Switzerland, a 2 hour waiting through security and it was humid and 86F we got bused to our ship that held 140 folks from all over the world. Think we may have been some of the first as I did not see many folks on the ship except crew so we went up on top deck and all but my bro and I snoozed............. Hey "Wachs Auf" babe ! she was pretty geeked :lol:

PICT0027.gif

what really sucked is coming onto ship trying to get 4 hours of rest and then off you went .......... we went downstairs for lunch - why we weren't hungry but we had to get on a Euro schedule. The ship was docked outsdie of Breisach, in the Schwarzwald, Germany and we sat with Kaffee mit Sahne and watched the river and a host of beautiful White Schwan's floating by. have had the experience with them in the past in Germany usually on lake shorlines and they can be quite protective of their surroundings. what was really neat only on certain portions of the Rhein when you were docked they would almost literally try and come in through the lower windows of the dining room to greet us or at least see if begging was worth it ~

PICT0037.gif

we finished up watched the Schwans sail off then 2-3 of us got on shore and took a few snaps of some of the barges floating by and our ship for the enxt week ~ she was a beaut

PICT0040.gif

we gathered our small belongings pronto and off to 3 buses across the bridge from Briesach and into south-east France and the Alsace, trying our best to take pics of some of the architecture and vineyards without the maddening glare of the beveled bus windows..............I need some lessons from Eric v G. on pic taking while traveling ~

PICT0044.gif

you better not be caus the pics are gonna be coming real soon boy. hopeful my bro will help me edit as he took the real nice (close-ups) off the hills in the Alsace- Castles, real evident of what the German faction of medieval times under the Hapsburgs did to formulate the countryside. French Alsace but with a very heavy dominance of the German in the buildings and even the floral plantings. The countryside was fought over continually over the centuries. We traveled by Bus for most of the first day though it seemed like the second as we or most of the tour group was in la-la land. We roamed through the little villages and miles of vines, up steep medieval cobbled roads through tower gates until we came to the chief Wine centre in the Alsace which is Colmar. Geez that name does not sound very French does it ??

well with the small little gal as our guide her intercom system didn't work for 3/4's of the time, we got a very long day tour of beautiful Colmar. I need to do some research but do not think much was damaged during the war as the medieval wood and plaster buildings were everywhere and very old monuments and fountains. the town is divided up strangely by waterways which was good for the locals to transport their many goods from cafe/restaurant and from vineyard and field .........

PICT0052.gif

another view of some other bldg's some of these guys looked like they could fall over with just a touch of the hand

PICT0054.gif

and of course you have to get into it fully by taking snaps of the old dated walls/doorways ------ yo, 1599 ?

PICT0064.gif

I wish you would of Matt - carried my pack that is, that got real old real quick, pull the camera out no put it back, no pull it out..........dang too much to see, stop guide stop ! you cretin kiss my rings, where the He** are we woman ?, ah but it gets better .........

Roman yes we were there overnite then took an evening cruise.....we were on our way to Köln very early in the morning about 2 am., so missed Remagen sadly, the weather also started to degrade and cloud up and rain as we progressed further north ...........

fotos coming soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back