my little trip on the Rhein

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Matt I am working from a stinking disk and have to put this on another saved file account and ............. in any case I am a real *ick-head when it comes to photography and placing images. give me a day or two as I have some days off and will try and start in the beginning, the skies were mostly cloudy but when it did clear off it was grand.

top one by the way is the mighty fortress overlooking Heidelberg. man what a facility and too many people on the typical guided tours, you'll see when I post some frames soon.
Erich, Eile!Ausgezeichnet!

ok wing-nutz here ya go the ride up to the Heidelberg Schloss on a stinking narrow round surrounded with the very well to-do's in their villas. It was outrageously hot at about 100F plus in the morn and way to many foreigners for my tastes, the orientals and Spainards were especially rude this day crowding in front of everyone for pics and mixing up in the tour groups of ~~which there were at least 30 trying to shove their way through the many gates of the Shloss.

the end result was always standing posing in the photos - oh well. it was a beautiful place undergoing some very serious restoration as the towers were covered in scaffolds and plastic besides be built up and around as evident in some of the photos. it will look familiar to some and truly the views from the large protective walls are quite impressive over the Neckar

PICT0225.gif

PICT02262.gif

PICT0227.gif

PICT02312.gif

Baroque amidst the Medievel ~

PICT02342.gif

PICT02352.gif

a short story the enxt pic is in memeory of the two little bro's that got up high on the restoration and fell to their deaths so the mother had her husband resurrect if you will the stone commemoration to the two ......sad

PICT0237.gif

across the courtyard to the high wall, the Fortress was pounced upon by the French under Louis the XIV in the last 1600's and burned, some of the walls are gone forever, the turreted towers for the most part are history though talk of being restored and some of the roof lines are also missing ........

PICT02402.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~ more of the Schloss later ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

a few more of the Schloss grounds :

PICT0242.gif

PICT02442.gif

PICT02462.gif

looking for more wine barrels # 1 and 2 of the world to post soon ........... then the protectors of the Gate

check yesterdays posts, Chris has posted some of his collection, it's not on this thread obviously

:shock: What??:shock: :shock: Ansbach, Nuernberg = BAVARIA??

Regards
Kruska

Yes contrary to waht Frankisch people believe, they are in Bavaria!!!! They need to get over it and deal with it. :D That is what I tell all my Frankische friends and what I will tell them until I die. They talk **** about the good old Schwabians and I will talk **** about them. :D

Besides my thread is not about on the area that I live in, but also about Bavaria as a whole....

Yes contrary to waht Frankisch people believe, they are in Bavaria!!!! They need to get over it and deal with it. :D

Bavaria declares independence from Germany. Franken declares itself independent from Bavaria and Germany issues passports to them. Bavarian troops enter Franken and in response German troops enter Franken and attack Bavaria.

Will the US support Bavaria? Or Germany?

Sorry, I know it is the wrong thread, but I just had to do it :)

Regards
Kruska

zum Wohl ! largest wine barrel in the world buried in the lower portions of the Schloss

DSC_0245.gif

some images of Heidelberg

PICT02652.gif

PICT02512.gif

munchies at the Ritterhof

PICT02532.gif

PICT02592.gif

DSC_0272.gif

yes Bier ......again

DSC_0266.gif

PICT02542.gif

down a quieter sector and views across the Neckar

DSC_0284.gif

DSC_0281.gif

Bavaria declares independence from Germany. Franken declares itself independent from Bavaria and Germany issues passports to them. Bavarian troops enter Franken and in response German troops enter Franken and attack Bavaria.

Will the US support Bavaria? Or Germany?

Sorry, I know it is the wrong thread, but I just had to do it :)

Regards
Kruska

Only question the US has..."Will this affect Oktoberfest?"

Eric, you're killing me over here! Those picks of beer and lunch (whatever it was, it looked good...is that spatzel?) were kickers. I'm 25 minutes from lunch and I'm looking at a good ole' tuna salad sandwich and a diet coke.

Great, just wonderful...:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back