my little trip on the Rhein (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

depends on the direction I suppose Tim...........

you guys still interested in pics ????

just a teaser

DSC_0418.gif

Fantastic pics.....really pretty countryside.

I have a question though from the last photo....Is that a genuine castle, or is it just a later building made to look like a castle. I ask the question because it looks like a castle, but it has windows....

Usually they are built as fortified towers. In later centuries, when the thick walls were not protective against Gunpowder and became useless, they were often changed into houses for the noblety, making extra structures and hacking windows into the walls. There are hardly any real original castles in state of the middle ages anymore. On this one, the original tower is very well visible.

Parsifal the castle has been refurbished inside, the exterior is original although it went into disrepair in the 17th century, the Prinz Wilhelm of Prussia took control and revised it into a summer residence and it's now owned by a former German Opera singer.. old furniture, armor and stained glas windows from times past and it is open to the public and in a protective alcove is a nice little restaurant so I have heard.

overlooking Rüdesheim

DSC_0347.gif

DSC_0355.gif

inside the city/village

DSC_0371.gif

DSC_0372.gif

the Drosselgasse, insanity to the extreme

DSC_0345.gif

my squeeze telling me to hurry the F up on the pic as we are both tired , hot and hungry

PICT0382.gif

Wonderful Erich.:D How much was a bottle of the wine ?

only 18 Euros out of the village of Rüdesheim both for the 3 bottles we received each from the Schloss as well as in town which was a Trapp und Sohn 07 Spätlese which was nice and fruity "Rüdesheimer Bischofsberg". We drank that with good friends

Users who are viewing this thread

Back