My (Not) First Post...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

tonycat77

Airman
Aug 16, 2021
Brazil
Hey guys!
Long time lurker, decided to finally dip my feet into a ww2 forum about aviation!
I've been a long time fan of airplanes since i watched a documentary when i was little, after years of trying, i finally accomplished my dream goal of getting a Sidewinder 2 joystick (Best flight stick ever made), so even though i didn't managed to land my dream of getting into the air force (myopia) at least i can pretend i'm a pilot or something.
I'm from Brazil, my first book was Clostermann's excellent The Big Show and it really put me in the cockpit of a tempest flying 400mph down on the deck in Holland....
Recently i scored some goodies from a widow who was selling some of her husband's and late son's stuff, some revell sets, a lot of small planes painstakingly painted by her son and half a dozen of war books, some are Caidin's (i know he isn't the most accurate read, but he sure could write exciting stuff).
I mostly play old flight sims since my Dell notebook was originally designed for college students on a budget like me, but i think it's good enough most of the time.
IL-2 1946 and Falcon 4.0 are probably one of the greatest games ever played and certainly the top ones in terms of a loyal and fanatical fanbase that still mods and improves on games that are almost as old as myself.

Must be kinda fun reading about Bodenplatte and Market Garden and recognizing even the little village names as places you went.
Yeah, but that's not exclusive to this book as there are many more. I do enjoy finding traces of ww2 here in The Netherlands. In fact, there should be a thread around here called 'WW2 in your backyard" where I post things like that.

Welcome from south Louisiana on the Gulf Coast. Most of the members, as you know, build and hoard plastics however I build and fly controlline models. Brazil is having a resurgence of controlline flying and I have been able to get many plans from Brazil's past.

Yeah, but that's not exclusive to this book as there are many more. I do enjoy finding traces of ww2 here in The Netherlands. In fact, there should be a thread around here called 'WW2 in your backyard" where I post things like that.
i've seen it, kinda crazy your home has all those cool bunkers just lying around.
I'm afraid we don't saw much action down here, we have some old forts against french piracy in the 1600s.
We do have several U-boat and BETASOM submarine wrecks off our coast however.
Thankfully they are deep enough and some have their locations kept vague to prevent any disturbance of those war graves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back