My other passion....Japanese Sports Cars

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Among Jap cars I love the Honda S2000 for style and technology (man, a non supercharged 2 litres with 240hp and revving at 9000...)
For style and fun I love the MX5 (Miata), for me the best spider after the MGs and the Alfa Romeo Duetto went out of production.

Yeh definately, Ive seen many MX5's rape much more high powered/expensive cars through corners. Down here in Adelaide someone put a turbo RX7 engine in one and it rockets.

Yep Heinz should sound nice, gotta love the cams hahah. You should also consider a set of extractors, are you going 2.5 inch?

'63 Shelby AC Cobra would shred them all. Small, light car with the biggest V-8 engine available.

And a Ford! :lol:

Attachments

• Shelby_Cobra_427_1967_01.jpg
    Shelby_Cobra_427_1967_01.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 1,607
'63 Shelby AC Cobra would shred them all. Small, light car with the biggest V-8 engine available.

And a Ford! :lol:

THe power to weight was good but only the 427 was momumental.

English sports car turns bad:lol: Evil infact.

My car although unknown to most here will eventually have a blown 350 chev or big block.

At 500ponies......8)

Sorry to intrude a Japanese car thread with a home grown. Never really cared for rice burners. I guess because I grew up in the muscle car era - Boss Mustang, Chargers, Challengers, Camaros, Firebirds, GTOs, etc. I sometimes laugh at some of these little imports who are so low the can't get over a wheelchair curb and have more wings attached than a Kentucky Fried Chicken restuarant. :lol:

Ahhh , yes, Parm, but here's the caveat. You could go to your local car dealer, buy a Cobra, change the wheels and a few minor modifications and you have race car that could compete with the likes of the 250 GTO. That raises it in my eyes and gets down to something on my level without corporate sponsors. Good, 'ol car racing!

I can appreciate other people's "passions"...... I'm into Japanese maples.
I have about 600 (yea...six hundred) of them. I grow them from seed,
I am learning to graft to propagate the "cultivars (named JM's). However,
to the author of this thread.... you do not want an RX-7 or any other
Mazda. I work for Mazda, so any other discussion will be by PM.

Charles

Ahhh , yes, Parm, but here's the caveat. You could go to your local car dealer, buy a Cobra, change the wheels and a few minor modifications and you have race car that could compete with the likes of the 250 GTO. That raises it in my eyes and gets down to something on my level without corporate sponsors. Good, 'ol car racing!

Actually 2 years back at melbournes International motor show someone made a copy 250 from a Datsun! Had me fooled for a minute or two.:D

Actually 2 years back at melbournes International motor show someone made a copy 250 from a Datsun! Had me fooled for a minute or two.:D

Was that a Datsun 240z if so, what a car that was. Finally a car that showed the world the potential that the Japanese had.

The AC Cobra was a beast hahah, what a beauty they are worth so much money now!!

Yeh I expected an anti jap car response on this site, I just figured most of the members fit the stereotypical V8 muscle car fan. Remember japanese import enthusiasts hate ricers with big spoilers more than muscle car fans, they give us a bad name!

Sure was a 240z........

I like most cars really however Japanese sports bikes are where its at.

Older ones in particular.......have three sitting in our workshop/shed, 2 fully built 1 stripped.

Hmmmm do be honest I dont mind SOME American muscle cars, but in my opinion they are stupid, **** quality, woeful handling, inefficient, expensive cars.

Depends on the car. There are smart:lol:, great quality, great handling, and very efficient American sports cars. Also not all are that expensive.

Watanbe said:
I love the Dodge Viper and Corvette, power and style, yes they are fast but are they actually decent cars???? good question :|

I got to drive the prototype Viper many years ago and it was a great car especially on the German Autobahn. As for the Corvette my friend has a nice 2005 and it is a great quality car.

Best sports cars out there are the (in my opinion):

Porsche 911 Series
2007Porsche911TurboFrontII.jpg

Porsche Boxter Series
DSCN2956.jpg

Porsche Cayman Series
070226003.jpg

Mercedes Benz SL Roadster (my personal favorite)
17d4.jpg

Mercedes SLK Roadster (another great one, my father owns one and I really enjoyed driving it)
MercedesSLKI.jpg

MercedesSLKII.jpg

Mercedes SLR
slr_background.jpg

Chavelle
1968chavelless.jpg

Mustang Cobra
427FordCobra.jpg

Corvette Stingray
1969Corvette.jpg

Corvette Series
MiscPics425.jpg

Sorry, Adler to correct you but what you pictured is a Shelby AC Cobra. For a Mustang Cobra you have 2 choices.

Pic 1 - 1978 Mustang Cobra II ( this was a factory edition)

Pic 2- 1967 Shelby GT 350 Cobra ( this was an authorized coop between Carol Shelby and Ford)

Beautiful cars all!

Attachments

• cobra01.jpg
    cobra01.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 1,961
  • Shelby%20GT%20350.jpg
    Shelby%20GT%20350.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 4,332
The early cobra awesome the later one looks horrible.......but styling ideas a different over here I guess.

Oh that cobra is a copy version so you can't really call it an AC. Most are kit cars any way.

[qoute]Originally Posted by Watanbe
Hmmmm do be honest I dont mind SOME American muscle cars, but in my opinion they are stupid, **** quality, woeful handling, inefficient, expensive cars.[/qoute]
Generalisation on line one :D each to their own!

Yeah most AC Cobras today are kit cars although I was able to check out a real one afew years ago. Cost today $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Still a beautiful car.

And Watanbe, not a rice hater, just don't know enough about them and everytime performance is mentioned (that I know of ) it leads to V-8s, hemis, all the stuff I grew up with before the Japanese attacked us again :lol: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back