My other passion....Japanese Sports Cars (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Watanbe

Senior Airman
Apr 24, 2007
Adelaide
Hey

I thought id see if anyone else on the forum is interested in Japanese Sports cars. Im assuming there arent to many because most of you seem to love the P-47 :D :D :D jokes. Turbo and RWD are the only way to go eh!!

At the end of the year im considering purchasing one of the following.

Toyota MK2 JZX90
Mazda FC RX7
Nissan S13/S14 Silvia
Nissan R32/R33 Skyline
Toyota mk 3 Supra

On the Mazda RX7, what were the rotary powered aircraft of WW2 I believe there were a few???

I think its also interesting to look at the Japanese cars of today and the fighters of WW2. They follow the same philosophy, light weight, great agility, good performance,but dont stand up to well in a crash and dent easily (gun fight).

I dont think there were any Wankel engined aircraft in WW2. I think the first usable units didnt come out until the 1950's although it was designed well before WW2.

Dude Im ashamed.........
V8s or nothing.......................:D

Nah your alright....:lol:

Don't mind the odd one but my Torana is where its at

Hahaha the Torana, I dont mind them, Holden had a very basic philosophy, find the lightest car you can find.......and put the biggest engine you can find in it hahah. It worked so im not complaining!! Much better than the Monaro did anyway (old one).

Remeber Heinz only cheap wine comes in 5 litres.

Yes Holdens are fast in a straight line but corners are where it matters mate, Straights are only there to connect the corners:D

For all you V8 fans I saw an awesome Charger today!!!

it will be modded but probably not heavily, I wouldnt mind daily capability but mainly weekend. If I was gunna have weekend only would lean towards the FC RX7.

Oh Adler, Japanese rice burners.....funny term that one. It depends what you define as a ricer! Ive seen my mates so called "riceburners" waste many V8's. Unless you are talking pathetic piece of crap Hondas and Lancers with gay wheels and pointless bodykits? Hahahah these young guys in a V8 were giving my mate crap about his car its Bluebird TRX or 910 but with a Silvia engine. He dropped it down a gear and smiled bye bye.

Hahaha I love it, I dont condone street racing so many tool on the streets giving such a bad reputation to modified car drivers. Im not ignorant towards V8's, I know what a light mod LS1 and LS2 can do on the 1/4 mile, I just dont like them as cars.

I'm a full on petorlhead too, and there is nothing like the snarl of a V8 to get the hairs on the back of your neck to stand up!

Sadly there isn't a great deal of choice over here when it comes to V8s; excluding kit cars or supercars you don't get much choice. High end Mercs Beemers and Audi come with them, but whilst very quick, are hardly sports cars. So at the moment I'm seriously looking into a Porsche 928 for a few months time - 300+bhp, V8, rear whell drive. Oh yes!

When it comes to Yank Tanks, they are available over here, and I have considered them. However, one of my mates brought an early 80's Firebird with the 5 litre V8. He took it on the rollers............130bhp, which almost caused me to fall off my seat laughing. He did describe the brakes and steering as somewhat 'interesting' as well. They are also a bit too big for our roads, and the majority don't even have a proper transmission either As for Jap cars, I am considering an MR2 Turbo, 300ZX or even an R32, but the problem I find is not only are they a bit common, they tend to lack character as well. I'm not saying they're bad cars, far from it, they just don't do much for me.

My current car is an Alfa Romeo 155 Cloverleaf 4, one of about 8 in the country. Looks pretty plain but has Delta HF Intergrale running gear and engine, so doesn't hang around. Of course being an Alfa it's forever going wrong, bits fall off, dealers aren't interested and it does 20mpg, but I love it, far rarer than an Impreza, and a lot more soul as well

it will be modded but probably not heavily, I wouldnt mind daily capability but mainly weekend. If I was gunna have weekend only would lean towards the FC RX7.

Oh Adler, Japanese rice burners.....funny term that one. It depends what you define as a ricer! Ive seen my mates so called "riceburners" waste many V8's. Unless you are talking pathetic piece of crap Hondas and Lancers with gay wheels and pointless bodykits? Hahahah these young guys in a V8 were giving my mate crap about his car its Bluebird TRX or 910 but with a Silvia engine. He dropped it down a gear and smiled bye bye.

Hahaha I love it, I dont condone street racing so many tool on the streets giving such a bad reputation to modified car drivers. Im not ignorant towards V8's, I know what a light mod LS1 and LS2 can do on the 1/4 mile, I just dont like them as cars.

No I dont like Japanese Rice Burners. I dont care how big the engine or how small the engine is. They are impractacle and dont have a lot of room. I love the soldiers that mod them all out (usually after watching to many movies such as Too Fast, Too Furious) and then ship them to Germany when they get stationed over here.

You dont know how many of them I pull out of the snow during a typical German winter with my Jeep.

I should start up a business and get rich off of these little Japanese Rice Burners.

I would argue that in many cases they are practical for the majoirty of people that buy them. When I buy mine it will be practical, because:

Im 18 years old, dont have kids
want a car which is small, agile and handles well
want a car that is relatively cheap on fuel
A car that is reliable and performs well
car that is relatively cheap to find parts for, and to service
A car that offers good performance at a cheap price
A car that is built well and offers stylish looks
A car that is versatile, ie. good for hill climbs yet can still drive to work

I think that the above cars with the exception of maybe the RX7 fulfill this role!

NEgative creep I agree with your comment about lack of character in Japanese cars, but to be honest I dont really mind that much if they are common and arent that unique. They are common for a reason and IMO look good and perform well for the money!!

Ive heard that 300zx can have overheating problems, Nissan put a 3.0 V6 where there was only room for a 4cyl. They can be expensive to run and some mechanics wont touch them, however I think they are great cars and can be setup to handle realy well. THe MR2 turbo is a beauty as well, very underated cars. Just dont lose control cause it will be a handful to get back *snap oversteer*.

Can you post pictures of this Alfa sounds very interesting I love the Delta Integrales, in fact worship them so I wouldnt mind seeing this thing. Non STI Imprezas are overatted I reckon and guys who drive them think they can beat everything haha.:shock:

Oh and Adler Fast and Furious and 2Fast2Furious are the worst thing that could of happened for "genuine" car enthusiasts, now everyone thinks your a hoon. Get such a bad reputation especially here in AUS.

The new film omg drifting was looking to be a great sport ive been to a few days to watch and my mate is entering soon, but dam I hope fast and furious doesnt ruin it, with hectic Civics trying to e-brake their cars.

Decent solid full chasis 4x4's are driven by the Kiwi household.

For too many years I have seen these "Crush zone" / "Impact Absorbing" cars do exactly that.

Usually to the detriment of the occupants we have to cut out.

Good luck with the Rice Burners. Designed for an impact with a 5 1/2 foot Oriental inside. I am 6 foot 2 inches. you do the maths.

Problem is that a V8 rear drive car isn't going to very light, and it is hard to hide that fact. A Lotus Exige or Caterham Super Seven may have low power, mostly well under 200 brake, but because they weigh nothing would destroy most muscle cars with double or treble the power around the track. What puts me off a big but powerful car is the fear that whilst being quick in a straight line, they won't go around corners. If you can't do the twisties, then how quickly you get to them is largely irrelevant. I have considered an Impreza, but sadly over here they have the image of being driven by absolute morons with a habit of making up random power figures!

As per request, this is my current car; my own Italian heavy fighter! It's a bit heavier and of a longer wheelbase than the 'Grale, so not quite as quick, but a damn site more comfortable and rarer (and cheaper) so will do until I can afford the real thing

P6240454.gif

The three cars in this picture represent about a third of the Q4s on the UK roads

P1010266.gif

PC250285.gif

My choice is the only true American sportscar, the 'Vette. Mine is a '79 that comes out of the garage only on dry, sunny days.

Attachments

• image0001.jpg
    image0001.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 646
Hey theres more petrol heads than I thought on here....

:wave: Hi guys!

LS1 on of the best and lighest v8s ever, fantastic over all speed.

The yanks have developed the LS7 a 427 cubic inch small block * drools *

If I gave blood they would find half petroleum half whitecells. :D

oh and heres my car...

I would argue that in many cases they are practical for the majoirty of people that buy them. When I buy mine it will be practical, because:

Im 18 years old, dont have kids
want a car which is small, agile and handles well
want a car that is relatively cheap on fuel
A car that is reliable and performs well
car that is relatively cheap to find parts for, and to service
A car that offers good performance at a cheap price
A car that is built well and offers stylish looks
A car that is versatile, ie. good for hill climbs yet can still drive to work

I think that the above cars with the exception of maybe the RX7 fulfill this role!

And these cars still dont hold a flame to a good American sports car such as the Corvette and Viper or against a European Sports car of which all of these look much better in my opinion.

Heinz your Torana is mint, nice whitewalls.

"And these cars still dont hold a flame to a good American sports car such as the Corvette and Viper or against a European Sports car of which all of these look much better in my opinion."

Hmmmm do be honest I dont mind SOME American muscle cars, but in my opinion they are stupid, **** quality, woeful handling, inefficient, expensive cars. They may well be very fast in a straight line, when modified and some do look good (although many are hideous) they are certainly not complete cars. The European cars are quite good I believe but in Australia are a rip off. Why would you buy twice as much for a Euro when you can have a Jap which is just as good (minus the refinement) performs better and is more reliable for less money. Dont get me wrong I love European cars, I just dont see the point in buying one in AUS. Although those V8's Audis are quite enticing.

I love the Dodge Viper and Corvette, power and style, yes they are fast but are they actually decent cars???? good question :|

Skyline GTR, great value, good quality, supercar perfomance, massive performance gains when modded (detuned from factory), awesome brakes, awesome handling, can seat 4:shock:

Jap cars do what the US cars do........and then some, pity you get some punk bitches who ruin them for everyone and BTW a Civic isnt an import they manufacturer them in the US fast and furious fools:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Cheers mate :)

She was filthy in that shot too!
Will be lowered soon with twin sports exhaust and lumpy cam for a nice burble. Can't do much else till Im off my 'P's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back