My other passion....Japanese Sports Cars

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I don't think there will be too many classic collectable Japanese cars. My list would be, in order of most likely first,
Datsun 240Z
Datsun 510 (original)
Acura NSX
Honda S2000
Nissan 300ZX

Thats a nice list, but in my opinion there are many more than that, I would include some more recent cars such as the:

Nissan Skyline GTR
Toyota Supra
Toyota AE86 (although im not a massive fan they are very collectable)
Mazda RX7 (definately will be a classic) in Australia the old model rotaries are already fetching big money

I think however that collectively the mid 80's to mid 90's will be remember as the era for great Japanese sports car. Some truly potent machines were produced, however trends with car companies particularly the Japanese suggest cars like the above wont be produced again sadly.

Japanese bikes are where its at.............

I give two great pioneers of superbikes...

CB750 K1......
cb750.jpg

And Kawasaki Z1.......
moj5-kawa-Z1-1.gif

And I would add the 2-stroke Kawa : the Mach III 500 and Mach IV 750
Everyone who did not heard their noise (that high pitch jabber at idle shifting to a howl at high rpm...) has missed something good in the life.

I was a 10 yrs old kid when the Honda CB750 four was introduced, and I remember it was a total shock for every biker. At the pub they used to park their gear and debate about BSA vs Triumph vs Guzzi vs HD etc. and then here it is: 4 cylinders, OHC, the power of a racer without the smallest oil leak. In two words it was 10 years ahead.

Indeed.........the Cb 450 was the brain child the first bike to start building the coffin for British bikes at the time. My old man was 17-18 when the 750 came out but even then his 450 would keep with 650 bonnies.

Too bad the blower on the car was fake running off the water pump:lol:

Ford are in my bad books at the moment, sacked 600 as of 2010 as they are ceasing production of the straight six a fantastic engine.

Will ruin Geelong really.

yeah I know. the scott injector hat on top is now a rare drag racing piece. As for geelong, I have gotta agree with you heinz it is a real shame. Apparently they can import engines from Cleveland, Ohio at the same cost, if cheaper, but the insiders at geelong say its the other way round.

My best mates dad owns a Kawasaki dealership and dam to some of those bikes rocket:shock:

I would buy one but I would kill myself instantly, like seriously!!!!

Yeah I wouldn't go near a motorbike, total death trap (especially on the roads around here where on average 15-20 are killed).

:D Here is my mums summer car except hers is orange rather than red(which I get to drive every now and again):

davids_Spitfire%201.jpg

Okay, I must be way out in left field here . . . I'm a Porschephile and proud of it. Nothing like German engineering, particularly Porsche engineering. I grew up in a 356B, my wife owns a 914, and my dream car is a Porsche Carrera GT, bur I'll settle for a Turbo 924 (easier to work on!).

carrera.gt.500.jpg

I've been thinking of buying a slightly ropey 928, stripping it out, then spraying it matt black with deep dish wheels and straight through exhaust. Cool, or sacrilege?

Very Very cool, I would love to see that Negative Creep. I went in a Porsche Boxter last night, it really wasnt that fast. It seemed a well balanced nice handling car but it wasnt that quick.

Changed my mind on the Porsche; would love one but can't afford to run it. After all, you could have the fastest car in the world, but if it's stuck in the drive broken then there isn't much point. So, I'm now back on topic and thinking about a Skyline, most probably an R32 GTS-T. Anyone owned one? I like the idea of big power, rwd and not likely to fall apart

My mate has a 4-door R32 GTST, with an exhaust, intercooler and coilovers. It is a sweet car, handles really well and goes hard. He has had no problems with it yet and it can seat 4 without to many hassles. The 32 is a very good option. The R34 is also very good the motor is a ripper. Negative Creep I would recommend a R32, cause im looking at them.

Skylines are ok R32 were pretty sweet however personal preference to the R 34.

Very strong motor.

Yeh the RB series motors are pretty dam strong. Cast Iron blocks very solid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back