My WW2 photos/Vids album (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

4981ca73d81dec0838abadcf42fe4036.jpg

Rescued Pilot in Back Seat of a Vought OS2U Kingfisher.f several fliers had to be rescued, however, they hung on outside. This was not a problem because the floatplane would not be able to take off anyway. The aircraft had to taxi over miles of open ocean to get back to its ship.
c76324b1a23388f4a8656d4e56867239.jpg

Post ~#67 is not the Pacific - it's a Fleet Air Arm shore depot over the border from me, in Staffordshire. The 'sheds' (naval term for hangars) are still there.
The 'Night Bombers' video is from the original footage used in A TV documentary in the early 1980s, and was filmed and produced at RAF Hemswell, by (then) W/Cdr. H.I. Cozens (later Air Cmmd.) I have it on DVD, and watch it quite often.

Post ~#67 is not the Pacific - it's a Fleet Air Arm shore depot over the border from me, in Staffordshire. The 'sheds' (naval term for hangars) are still there.
The 'Night Bombers' video is from the original footage used in A TV documentary in the early 1980s, and was filmed and produced at RAF Hemswell, by (then) W/Cdr. H.I. Cozens (later Air Cmmd.) I have it on DVD, and watch it quite often.

I actually thought the same but just wasnt sure. Thanks for the input :thumbright:

Good one, but I think it's probably Italy.

Depending on which source your relying on there is a huge amount of confusion about this pic and exactly when and where it was taken. I have seen claims that range from Normandy to the French riviera to Italy. My humble opinion is that this is somewhere along the French coast, but i can see how pics of the Italian coastline could make more sense (going on background reference) But as France was where the major invasion was made it would surely make more sense. But i really couldnt say either way for sure. But its likely to have been months after the actual D-day landings. And if it is Italy what year/date would it be. It could possibly just be propaganda.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back