Nakajima Ki-44 CGI Project

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hello and Thank you very much for your kind comment and likes for my other posts, CommanderBounds
I am glad if you enjoy.

I have no exact plan at the moment but am always interested in planes which are well known but had been lost in the history like A5M, Ki-21, 48, 49 or other experimental planes. There are so many.
I probably will work on my unfinished ones like A6M8 or N1K2J to complete first. Thanks.

Last edited:
Phenomenal work, Shinpachi-san!

The project is really coming along!

And I might mention that like you, I enjoy looking into the forgotten types although your research is far more advanced than mine. Speaking of forgotten types: I wonder if you may have come across any data on the AXHei...does this sound familiar to you?

Thank you very much for your posts with kind comments, at6 and Dave!

Yes, at6. When I wear a suit, I feel uneasy and find myself trying to find out same suits people in the crowd

I didn't know the AXHei, Dave.
Google tells me it was He-100 and IJN purchased 3 in 1941 for the license production but lost chance as the war began.
Looks a good choice for my future research and here is my quick attempt in CGI. I'd like to complete the appearance in a few days as this plane is cool.
Thank you very much for your information

Last edited:
That would be a great project, Shinpachi and the rendering is excellent, too!

As it happens, all the plans and most of the data of Heinkel's was destroyed when Heinkel's factory was bombed. The He100s that went to Russia and Japan (1 to the Navy and 2 to the Army) are lost to history. However, the Japanese did receive copies of the plans from Heinkel when a delegation visited Germany. Ultimately, the tooling and nessecary equipment for the Japanese to manufacture the He100 in Japan was lost.

So there remains the mystery: where did the 3 planes go and what happened to the plans that the Japanese possessed?

Thanks, sys and Hugh for your kind comments!

Heinkel He 100D-0.
No documents say exactly but "This plane influenced Japanese aircraft later" in Wikipedia.
Now I believe the Ki-61 Hien inherited this design.

Last edited:
Thanks Dave and Wayne!
Here are amazingly few records about the He100s imported to Japan.
I will keep researching it.
This plane is cool because of its simplicity for the high performances

Last edited:
Amazing Shots Shinpachi! I had to double check for a second because I thought those were actual pictures of a restored HE 100 in flight. Also those manuals for the JU88 in Japanese were probably what they used when they developed the JU88's "Little Japanese Brother" the Kyushu Q1W. A quite cute aircraft in my mind.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread