Nakajima Ki-44 CGI Project

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Hugh!
Scratching lines for the Ki-44 is also going on :)

Ki-44_tail.JPG

Ki-44_tail.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks again for so many kind comments, Wojtek, Dave, Wayne, Hugh, Andy and Merv!

I am making holes on the vertical plane ribs before completing the tail landing gear.
This is a long way but I always appreciate your good patience :)

KI-44_tail_planes0.JPG

KI-44_tail_planes0.JPG

Last edited:
Lovely Demon Quelling work Shinpachi-san, your 3D modellings skills put mine and many other to shame :) Ganbatte !

Shinpachi, it looks like you're going to need a AXHei thread just for the He100! :lol:
And seeing the He100 animations reminds me of many years ago, when I was active in online gaming with IL-2: Sturmovik. I took a KI-61 and repainted it as the He100. The deception was good enough that it caught many off-guard, thinking it was an actual He100 brought into the game somehow (as no He100 was available).
I had alot of fun with that! :lol:
View attachment 290666

Lol, I have number of those Ki61-'He.100' (Hynkel template IIRC) skins in my skins folder - rarely flew with them, but there nonetheless. ..the last time I flew in '46 was a couple of months back, flying a 109.G6-A/S on a air racing map (alone unfortunatly) to get some high speed nap of the virtual earth under the 'harness'/belt.

I think I might have to upload my Kawasaki GP Racing skinned Ki61 to another site (I can't remember just yet via my imageshack razorCAMO account) sometime. ..the exhaust stubs are made from real Akropravic Titanium ones from the aborted GP09 bike picture, carbon flight control surfaces - with larger than life scaled carbon weave; to make it visible and all the 08/09 sponsor logos.
myplaneski61kawasaki.jpg

Skin link (1024 x 1024 1mb version)
https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/979x979q90/205/ki61kawasaki.png

Last edited:
Thanks Wayne, Hugh, Wojtek, Lewis and at6 for your kind posts!

I'm solving links among the tail landing gear parts to complete the tail in a few days soon.
Even working with the aid of PC, this takes a lot of time.
Old engineers were great.

Nice job, Lewis :)

Shinpachi_at_work.JPG
Tail_diagram03.JPG

Shinpachi_at_work.JPG

Tail_diagram03.JPG

Last edited:
Got to love them mechanical designers for their dedication to bellcranks, screw adjuster stops/limiters and the ability to plan this without lego, with possible cardboard models and a definately lot of slideruled maths.

It seems the rear gear bay is longer than the initial tail wheel and strut are - perhaps they learned from the LW's experience with the 109's that a longer tail wheel oleo/strut might be needed in the future for larger bomb carraige possiblities...?

Nice details as per usual Shin-san :) (just wondering which is best, -san, -chan, -sama, -senpai etc?)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back