Nakajima Ki-44 CGI Project

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you very much for kind posts and likes everyone!

This is way too cool, Shinpachi :) Especially the detail of the extended 'butterfly flaps'.

The butterfly flaps is certainly one of my main themes this time, tomo, as you asked me in other thread last year.
What I have to solve now is the mechanical interaction between the wing and the flap.
Please be patient for a while as I will make movie soon.
Thanks.

I have a manual of the Ki44 in Japanese. I have no idea where i got them perhaps on this board. I you havent got them and you think it will be usefull i will post them. But if so plse pm me because i do not often come in these parts of the board.

Clipboard03.jpg
Clipboard02.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg

Thanks for sharing, Snautzer01 :thumbright:
That is available in JACAR with Ref code A03032181800 as I have introduced in this thread before.

Last edited:
Though it has taken a longer time, I have anyhow completed the airframe structure now.
Making the interiors and the movie of flap operation still goes on.
This is tough :)

Ki-44_image02R.JPG
Ki-44_image09R.JPG
Ki-44_image12R.JPG
Ki-44_image14R.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks Thor and Dave for your kind comments too !
It took a month to research and make the seat.
It was half a year for the wings :)

Ki-44_seat_01.JPG
Ki-44_seat_02.JPG
Ki-44_seat_03.JPG

Thanks Dave and Geo !

I am curious...in the construction of the KI-44, did Nakajima apply green interior paint or was it the gray-green color?

Frankly, I have no exact idea about the interior color of the Ki-44 because -

One of our leading historians Minoru Akimoto (1928-2013) explains the color in "Mechanic of World Aircraft Vol.12" like
Interior color : Aotake (clear blue)
Insttuments panel : Black
Seat : Silver or Aotake or Dark Gray

But illustration by Yoshiyuki Takani (1935- ) in the same magazine shows the gray-green as this attached image shows.

Personally, I have been familiar with Yoshiyuki Takani's illustration since I was a kid for more than 50 years and never heard that any war veterans blamed his work. Sorry for my insufficient answer :oops:

Ki-44_cockpit_by_Yoshiyuki_Takani.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back