New Member - F4U Builder(s)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Awesome!!

I have sent you an email regarding your project!

I have used Autocad since 1986 and have used Autodesk Inventor since 2000.

I have experience with producing fixtures, gages, etc for use in a Production environment. I am familiar with manual machines and CNC horizontals, verticals, and lathes.

I am sure you will need many draftsman for this project. I would suggest starting from scratch as suggested by bigZ.

Building 3d models in Inventor, Solidworks, etc, would contain alot more information and allow 2d drawings to be created/updated quickly and efficiently.

Most of my projects are outputed to a dxf or step file to be used in Mastercam.

I would really like to be a part of this!

Hi Dale,
My name is Kevin from Virginia Beach, VA.… a private pilot, and an addict to these ole birds.
KB

Hey Kevin!! Whereabouts in VaB do you live? I lived down on Independence Blvd for several years. Near the Chimney Hill shopping Plaza.

FINDLAYMA: Where are you going to assemble this fine undertaking? Maybe some of us will be "in range" to help out. I have an A&P and work in the shop that restored the Norseman that was at Oshkosh last year. (NO!! we did not pick out the paint job!) I have a fair amount of sheetmetal experience having worked for Northworst Airlines for 11 years mostly doing structures work. ( I'm one of the "sick SOB's who loves to shoot rivets). I hope you get to that point before I'm too old to Buck anymore!

My mom's dad has a R-2800, but I wanna build a Corsair too. How did you get permission to get the drawings? You're amazing.

*ahem*

Eheheh... I guess I got a little carried away... Welcome aboard, and all that jazz.

Hi Doug,
I'm just now seeing this post. I'm over behind Cypress Point on Virginia Tech Trail. I've been living/working here in the Beach for about 20 yrs now.
sorry for the late reply (better late than never right?).

Welcome to the family Dale,

Gary, I don't think he is around anymore. This was 5 years ago. :(

Crickey, I'm away for about a month, come back and drop a b*ll*ck almost straight away !!!!. Grrrrr, methinks I need to give myself a stern talking to !!!! :oops:

Sorry chaps, wont do it again

Gotta start looking at the post date....................

This realllly got my heart going as I work in Inventor and would love to do some of the CAD work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back