NEW OR ME BEING MY USUAL SLOW SELF?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fubar57

General
Nov 22, 2009
The Jungles of Canada
Anytime I send or receive something from a forum member that has an address, I use the address in Google Earth, hit street view and tour around the surrounding area. I've seen and learned a lot about the layouts of several neighborhoods around the world this way. While looking through Marcel's photo thread, I thought I would copy/paste his city into Google Eath. I had trouble highlighting "Dordrecht" without including "Location:"....

me.jpg

By accident I clicked on Dordrecht and this popped up in a separate tab...

me1.jpg

"Outstanding" quothe I as this also contains street view. So I tried it with mine and it's nonsensical location...

me2.jpg

Pretty much what I expected...

me3.jpg

Anyhoo.....learning more about the forum all the time

I've known about it since the change and it was quite by accident, too.

I was scrolling through a thread on my ipad and I guess i pressed the member's link with my thumb. Took me a minute or so to figure out what I had done! :lol:

I have this same feature on a program at work. Pretty cool.

Anybody want my address I can PM them. I live in a "quaint" little town that the Pre-Wife calls Gilmore Girl Land!

What a nifty little place Chris. I could totally live there. For a small town with less than 10K population there is an awful lot there. Plus, only a stone's throw from Philly. Also a geography lesson here as I always thought NJ was a bit further north. What does this little sign indicate? Looks like a pedestrian crossing thang....

chris.JPG

Yup that is what it is. NJ has a law that you have to stop for pedestrians in a crosswalk. But because NJ drivers like to text while driving and NJ pedestrians refuse to recognize what a crosswalk is, these signs are needed. We had a few businesses close but some others have opened up. Its known as a "dry" town meaning no alcohol sales BUT an entrepreneur realized that breweries are not regulated by local laws only State laws. So we have 2 breweries that opened recently with sales and taste-testing and there is nothing the town can do. Funny but business is booming.

If you want to check something out that is crazy, follow that road "Broadway" and few miles east into Glassboro. That town has joined with the local college -Rowan College - and are under a massive rebuilding program called Rowan Boulevard. All kinds of buildings and stores.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back