New Server Software :: Post any problems (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, could you remind me what net browsers you use?

Thanks for the feedback! Issues that I don't always see or are aware of. If you can snap screen grabs of errors you notice, that would be even better.

I am able to use the multiple upload "select files" script.
As for the multiple uploads...the script originally used an older version of Yahoo UI javascript, which has a security flaw. I updated the version to a patched one. The only thing I can think for some of your issues is a cached old version of that code. Clear you cache may remedy.

Could you link to some of these older threads that don't display images. Thanks

Two things have been happening for me:

I've been getting some random coding just above the banner when I use Advanced Search. It almost looks like broken scripting as it's fragmented and not an intentional message So far, it's only happened 3 or 4 times at random and I didn't think to catch e screenshot until now. If it happens again, I'll grab a screenshot and post it here.

And the other thing: blank pages. I mean, like "click on the thread link and go to the page, but it's blank" kind of blank. I refresh the page and voila! it's loaded as it should be. This has happened both on Firefox and OSX and also occurs at random.

And a special mention: I have noticed that older posts are not always displaying images uploaded to the server. I am not talking about photos attached from photobucket or imageshack, etc. but ones uploaded to the server. This too, is random and just to be sure it wasn't a loading issue, I refresh the page and still nothing.

And by the way, there is a very simple way to upload multiple images into a single "upload" window...I do it all the time in "Quick Reply" mode.

Been trying to read Wojtek's reply to uploading more than one pic, but the scree keeps jumping up and down !
I'm seeing this quite often, as well as a blank screen and very slow loading, and slow or erratic video streaming. This is not happening elsewhere when on the 'net.

Thanks Wojtek and Horse. I have always run Firefox and I just now cleared my cache.

Geo

EDIT: Terry, I noticed the screen jerking today and yesterday as well when reading Jeff's Typhoon thread. I logged off and restarted my laptop and it seems ok now

Last edited:
WebTV 2.8...wait, Internet Explorer 3.03...uh, Netscape 6.01?

hehe...just kidding! :D

Currently, I have Firefox 32.0.3, Internet Explorer 8.0.6001 and OSX (iOS) for iPad.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope your problems don't appear with the IE8 and for the iPad.OK. Do you have all plugins for the Firfox updated?

I see Geroge. Please check if plugins that your browser runs, are updated.

Just downloaded the latest Firefox update and all Plug-in are up to date Mon General. I've never tried to download photos using the Manage Attachments button before...

Capture.JPG

...I then click on this button...

Capture1.JPG

...but when I clicked on the Select Files button...

Capture2.JPG

...nothing happened. On the plus side, I can see photos in the files now instead of names.

Geo

When I posted the above post, I got this message...

Untitled.jpg

...I opened the site in another Tab and it showed that my post did indeed post. Normally I would have stayed on the original Tab, hit the back button and reposted again resulting in the dreaded double post.

Geo

Running Chrome and on several machines I have a issue with slow to respond or just hangs. I went to post a picture a bit ago and it asked if I wanted to stay on this page or not.

This is an effect of slow data transwer Don. I got it a couple of times too. But when answered I didn't want to stay on the page, all was sent.

Geo, the window of your file selector seems to be incomplete. It should looke like my one methinks.

Clipboard01a.jpg

Last edited:
As for the multiple uploads...the script originally used an older version of Yahoo UI javascript, which has a security flaw. I updated the version to a patched one. The only thing I can think for some of your issues is a cached old version of that code. Clear you cache may remedy.

Judging by this , the Patched Flash Uploader to Fix Known Exploits patch has been installed. I have checked on settings in the ACP and all is set accodingly to the patch instruction. Also I don't have any problem with the Select File button neither for the Quick Replay file selector nor for the option Manage Attachment available with the Go Advanced button. It is both for one pic and the multiple uploading. Therefore I'm still thinking it is a problem with settings of Geo's net browser.

Geo. could you please take a snapshot of your screen with the Firefox plugins installed? It is accessible with Tool->Additions. Or just hit Ctrll +Shift + A keys.

Last edited:
OK. All these plugins with the Always Activate option set as Ask to Activate. Log out thed forum and then close all bookmarks and the net browser and re-start it again. Then log in the forum and check if the Select button works properly.

That's a negative on the Selector Button, ditto on the Manage Attachments Selector Button. I can't remember exactly when I couldn't begin to not use the Selector Buttons, but I think it started on my last set of days off, between Sept 17 and 22. Nothing was changed on my laptop prior to those days.

Geo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back