New Server Software :: Post any problems

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
I post multiple photos in "Quick Reply" using the "Insert Image" feature (third icon from right, top row) without any problems.

Example:
G6_Black2.jpg

G6_Red6.jpg

G6_Yellow1_Jg54.jpg

K4_Yellow1_Jg53.jpg

That is what we are doing also. The problem is you click the icon, a window appears and you press the "Select Files" button and...... nothing happens.

I can't post pictures using my Kindle Fire, it works ok until I actually choose the picture, then the page just refreshes itself.
Any text I have typed also disappears, happens both with the quick reply or go advanced pages !

Have the problem with pics on chrome on the ipad. On safari it works fine. Seem to have something to do with the history.

Aparently the site uses javascript as opposed to java for uploading if I read Dave's reaction correctly. So you guys needn't check java or flash. It's all within your browser. Those scripts are in your cache and makes a mess. Clean up as much as you can. On windows, use ccleaner to clean up. Site can workt great on all browsers. I use it on luakit, a nifty little browser that none of you has ever heard of. And it works perfectly.

My Firefox works fine too. I wonder how many of you use a program for cleaning and fixing Windows errors. E.g .. the TuneUp.

Thank you Geo. I have thought it was at the date. Just checked on the file selector again and no problem with single/multiple uploading. So it has to be either your browser or the local server. Have you deleted cookies for all net browsers you use?

I did as Marcel suggested. Downloaded CCleaner and scrubbed the cache/cookies. Apparently I was doing something wrong or just not clearing the cache/cookies. Anyhow this morning I try to upload multiple pics and...... it works!! Problem solved. Its something to do with the cache/cookies that is preventing the proper use of the Quick Reply Image Insert.

Just got a 500 error while trying to load http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/aviation/bell-kingcobra-41741-3.html#post1158359 at 11:18 a.m. (pacific)

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, root@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

I see. I was posting there when you might have tried to access the thread. Maybe that is the reason. Anyway I didn't have any troble with the thread.

Had access issues with the server. Seemed to be offline from here. Maybe that influenced the problem? To me it seemed like maintenence was being done. 500 errors typically occure during those times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back