New Server Software :: Post any problems

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem appeared with the Firefox ver.31. I found guys who had the same issue with uploading pics to the websites complaining in the net. It is suggested clearing the browser cache and all cookies with re-starting the Firefox. Also I wonder why there are two plugins Shockwave for Director. I would set the earlier one with the the Never Activate option. Here is the Firefox support team tip.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Clear the Cache

Firefox/Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"

and

Remove Cookies

Warning ! ! This will log you out of all sites you're logged in to. Press the Alt or F10 key to bring up the tool bar. Followed by;

Windows; Tools > Options
Linux; Edit > Preferences
Mac; application name > Preferences

Then Privacy. Under History, select Firefox will Use Custom Settings. There is a button on the right side called Show Cookies.

If there is still a problem, Start Firefox in Safe Mode {web link} While you are in safe mode; Press the Alt or F10 key to bring up the tool bar. Followed by;

Windows; Tools > Options
Linux; Edit > Preferences
Mac; application name > Preferences

Then Advanced > General. Look for and turn off Use Hardware Acceleration.

Poke around safe web sites. Are there any problems?. Then restart.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nothing was changed on my laptop prior to those days.

Geo

Not exactly... As memo serves the Java , Firefox , Windows and Adobe Reader have been updated recently. It was a week or two ago.

Last edited:
Really strange. I don't have any problems with any of these two ways for uploading pics. Because it isn't the "global" trouble here it might be the Firefox and its settings or other stuff running on your computers. Can you check on it using the IE ?

Roger, wilco...over.

Geo

Oh...by the by, I buried IE somewhere deep in a folder and have no idea where it is. I'll head on over to Chrome.

EDIT: Works A-OK on Chrome, but I hate using Chrome

Last edited:
I'm on Google Chrome, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I have always used fluid_ww2_update. I didn't know anything else existed until a while ago. I'll just keep both browsers open until I get used to Chrome.

Geo

I have just checked on the fluid_ww2_update and the Metro templates. The Select button works for both of them here. No problems. I wonder what can cause the problem there.

Geo, start the Firefox again. and try to this ..
1.Go to the Tools.
2.Open Firefox Options window.
3.In the Firefox Options window, click the Advanced tab, then select General.
4.In the settings list, you should find the Use hardware acceleration when available checkbox. Uncheck this checkbox.
5.Now, restart Firefox and see if the problems persist.

Geo, start the Firefox again. and try to this ..
1.Go to the Tools.
2.Open Firefox Options window.
3.In the Firefox Options window, click the Advanced tab, then select General.
4.In the settings list, you should find the Use hardware acceleration when available checkbox. Uncheck this checkbox.
5.Now, restart Firefox and see if the problems persist.

Still the same Wojtek.

Geo

Can I just butt in here and add that I've been getting the same problem with the 'select file' button, it seeming to not work when I select the button. BUT, I have found that the window is coming up behind my open forum browser page. I simply just reduce the 'Add file' page and browser page, and there it is waiting for me to select the pics I want to upload.

Ive only just started using "Select" button in the "this day in Europe thread". thats the icon third from the right, used to embed pictures into the text. When I upload using the little icon across the top menu bar, 3rd from the right, I can load one image, then I have to "submit post' before going back into the thread, editing it to add one photo at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back