New to Forum

T6558

Recruit
4
0
Joined
Jan 11, 2013
Location
Seattle
Hello, I am new to this forum. For two years I have been researching my father, Elmer Lee Whitmire's World War II history and have been a member of many WWII forums during this time. On the Army Air Force Forum I had posted a picture of a plane that I needed identified and a member posted the identity along with a URL to this forum from where he received the information and where I could go to obtain more information on that particular plane. Hence I was lead to this excellent forum. During the War from 1943 to 1947 my dad flew the following A/C:
AT-6 (trainer), UC-64, C-47, C-45, B-25, C-46 as well as a Waco CG-4A and in 1956 last AC was a C-130A
"Keep Mobile!"
~Brereton
Patricia
Daughter of Retired
Major Elmer Lee Whitmire, USAF (1924 - 1972)
WWII 88/438/53/IX and 78/435/53/IX
Power/Glider Pilot (Ardennes-Bastogne, Wesel-BGC, CE)
 
Many thanks to your father for his service! My dad was a WW2 vet also, welcome to the forum!
There are many knowledgeable people around here and I am sure that if someone doesn't know the answer, at least you can be pointed in the right direction.
 
Welcome to the family Patricia!
 
Welcome to the forum!
 
Nice to have you aboard.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back