New to Forum

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

T6558

Recruit
Jan 11, 2013
Seattle
Hello, I am new to this forum. For two years I have been researching my father, Elmer Lee Whitmire's World War II history and have been a member of many WWII forums during this time. On the Army Air Force Forum I had posted a picture of a plane that I needed identified and a member posted the identity along with a URL to this forum from where he received the information and where I could go to obtain more information on that particular plane. Hence I was lead to this excellent forum. During the War from 1943 to 1947 my dad flew the following A/C:
AT-6 (trainer), UC-64, C-47, C-45, B-25, C-46 as well as a Waco CG-4A and in 1956 last AC was a C-130A
"Keep Mobile!"
~Brereton
Patricia
Daughter of Retired
Major Elmer Lee Whitmire, USAF (1924 - 1972)
WWII 88/438/53/IX and 78/435/53/IX
Power/Glider Pilot (Ardennes-Bastogne, Wesel-BGC, CE)

Many thanks to your father for his service! My dad was a WW2 vet also, welcome to the forum!
There are many knowledgeable people around here and I am sure that if someone doesn't know the answer, at least you can be pointed in the right direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back