Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seattle Seahawks

• Arizona Cardinals

• St. Louis Rams

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree about the Cowboys, overrated, just like their QB....See what Brady will do and I look for the Bills to make noise , lots of noise.

Dallas might do better this year because the coach is going to really coach the defense. He is a good defensive coach. My small amount of loyalty in the NFL is to the Broncos. They should be interesting to keep track of as the new Wunderkind head coach has pretty much cleaned house on defense, traded off a very good QB, is going to a new offensive system and a new defensive scheme. He will have the same offensive line which was pretty good and some good receivers if Marshall plays well. I was really put off by Bolen hiring McDaniels but I like that he seems to be leaning toward good character players and that he is practising in pads with a lot of hitting and a lot of running which was not heretofore the case under Shanny, according to the media. After all, football is a game of running and hitting.

I don't predict the Cowboys will win NFC but discounting them altogether from the playoffs is a risky bet.

The wildcard for the Cowboys will be Wade Phillips influence on the defense which is a top five potential if they stay reasonably healthy. A revitalized defense that plays all year will keep the Cowboys in every game - and take pressure off Romo.

If Romo progresses this year, realizes that he doesn't have to make plays on every down with a very tough defense, the Cowboys will suprise folks who have them picked low.

Been a loyal Redskin fan since the 80's...they won me over when they tore Landrey's team apart.

I just hope they get thier act together and get into contention like the days of old.

I'm also a USC fan :thumbleft:

Oh, I know TO. But hopefully a sign of things to come. Only time will tell.

Just playin' with you Messy. My son is a big Niner fan also. They will be much improved. Love the coach.

Just hoping my team (Jets) can go at least 8-8. Rookie coach (who I like), rookie QB (?), no great pass rush or big playmaker on "O".

TO

Messy, a question about the new coach's judgment in Denver may have been answered last night. The QB he traded Cutler for, Orton, threw 3 Ints in the first half. That is not the end of the story probably but a straw in the wind. McDaniel, the new coach, if the QB situation continues to be bad has no idea how much hot water he will be in with the media and fans in Colorado. Those people take their NFL football seriously.

If I was a QB, I'd hate to play in Denver as you will alway have to live up to John Elway. I live in Dallas and look how long it took these idiots to get over Roger Staubach....10-12 years when Aikman came into his own.

If I was a QB, I'd hate to play in Denver as you will alway have to live up to John Elway. I live in Dallas and look how long it took these idiots to get over Roger Staubach....10-12 years when Aikman came into his own.

Another Hall of Famer has to come along to make the fans get over the previous Hall of Famer.

Took the Packer fans a long time to get over Bart for Brett.

TO

Well my Niners won a meaningless game on Friday night. Still have not seen enough of the QB's to decide who is going to start the season. All played pretty well.

If I had to make a choice, it would be Sean Hill though. I think he deserves a shot.

ViQueenies won thier meaningless pre-season game as well. Stating teams both looked pretty good, even thier defensive corners, which is a position that has been lacking for a while appeared to do a pretty good job. Time will tell and I never get my hope up too high on the Vikes, they tent to find ways to self destruct (can you say Love Boat).

Well some of the latest news from around the NFL:

New England Patriots QB Tom Brady has injured his shoulder. Is expected to be back by the season opener.

Kansas City Chiefs QB Matt Cassel has a sprained medial collateral ligament in his left knee and could miss up to 4 weeks.

Minnesota Vikings QB Brett Favre suspects that the has broken a rib, but is not listed on any injury reports.

New England Patriots ILB Tedy Bruschi has announced his retirement after 13 seasons. He was a one time Pro-Bowler and won 3 Super Bowls with New England.

San Francisco 49er T Marvel Smith has announced his retirement after 9 seasons. He was a 2 time Pro-Bowler and won 2 Super Bowls with Pittsburgh.

Season opener is in a few days. All the teams have cut down to 53 man rosters.

Getting exciting now, can't wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back