NFL 2010 Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jets.........

Sign Darrelle Revis !!!!!!!!!

He's only one of the best CBs to ever play the position,

and........

You're going nowhere without him !!!!!

TO

TO he had a great year and looks the part - but he needs 7 or 8 just like it to be one of the greatest...

Jets better with him - if his contract doesn't turn the team upside down - but they will have a great defense without him.

Well the Preseason is over. Let the games begin!

Here are my predictions for the 2010 Season:

AFC Playoff Teams
New England Patriots (Division Winner)
New York Jets
Baltimore Ravens (Division Winner)
Indianapolis Colts (Division Winner)
Cincinnati Bengals
San Diego Chargers (Division Winner)

NFL Playoff Teams
San Francisco 49ers (Division Winner)
Dallas Cowboys (Division Winner)
Minnesota Vikings
Green Bay Packers (Division Winner)
New Orleans Saints (Division Winner)
New York Giants

AFC Champions
Baltimore Ravens

NFC Champions
Green Bay Packers

Super Bowl XLV Champions
Green Bay Packers

NFL MVP
Aaron Rodgers (QB, Green Bay Packers)

Offensive Player of the Year
Aaron Rodgers (QB, Green Bay Packers)

Defensive Player of the Year
Patrick Willis (ILB, San Francisco 49ers)

And my predictions for Week 1 of the NFL:

Minnesota Vikings 33-30 New Orleans Saints
Miami Dolphins 17-9 Buffalo Bills
Detroit Lions 14-10 Chicago Bears
Tennessee Titans 27-10 Oakland Raiders
New England Patriots 24-21 Cincinnati Bengals
New York Giants 24-14 Carolina Panthers
Atlanta Falcons 21-10 Pittsburgh Steelers
Cleveland Browns 17-10 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Jacksonville Jaguars 14-9 Denver Broncos
Indianapolis Colts 27-14 Houston Texans
San Francisco 49ers 30-6 Seattle Seahawks
Green Bay Packers 31-20 Philadelphia Eagles
Arizona Cardinals 17-14 St. Louis Rams
Dallas Cowboys 21-17 Washington Redskins
Baltimore Ravens 27-24 New York Jets
San Diego Chargers 21-3 Kansas City Chiefs

I would be more than happy to be wrong, but I really think they will take the division. I probably hate the Cowgirls more than anyone.

TO he had a great year and looks the part - but he needs 7 or 8 just like it to be one of the greatest...

Jets better with him - if his contract doesn't turn the team upside down - but they will have a great defense without him.

Gotta disagree drgongog, he is the the guy that makes the D great. He shut down every great receiver he faced last year. Takes half the field away from the opposing QB. The Jet Defensive schemes don't work without that. And remember, he plays in the era of not being able to touch a receiver five yards past the line of scrimmage, unlike the old "bump and run" days. I've been watching the NFL since 1960, he already is one of the greatest I've ever seen, IMO of course.

TO

Gotta disagree drgongog, he is the the guy that makes the D great. He shut down every great receiver he faced last year. Takes half the field away from the opposing QB. The Jet Defensive schemes don't work without that. And remember, he plays in the era of not being able to touch a receiver five yards past the line of scrimmage, unlike the old "bump and run" days. I've been watching the NFL since 1960, he already is one of the greatest I've ever seen, IMO of course.

TO

I will agree that he is the best at his position on the field right now, but in order for him to be the greatest to ever play at his position, he has to do that for more than 1 or 2 years.

I don't think the Jets have what it takes to be Division champs. Yeah they have a very good team, but I think they are letting things get to their heads just a bit too much. Sanchez is going to be a great QB, but I question his ability to lead the team to the big one at the moment.

Who knows we shall see. I personally would rather see the Jets represent the AFC in the Super Bowl more than anyone else. They did have a great run last year though.

Alright, only 2 more days until the season starts!

I can't wait, I think this is going to be a great season for the 49ers with a return to the playoffs. On top of it my plane tickets and hotel are booked. I am ready to fly to London to watch the 49ers play the Denver Broncos in October.

I will agree that he is the best at his position on the field right now, but in order for him to be the greatest to ever play at his position, he has to do that for more than 1 or 2 years.

I agree. But I did say "one of the greatest", not the greatest. Just glad that he's signed, but he can't be in "football shape" yet, so if he gets hurt early on and the Jets lose him for any amount of time, we're done!

BTW, your 49ers are going to win that "easy" division they play in. :)

TO

BTW, your 49ers are going to win that "easy" division they play in. :)

TO

That "easy" division has produced quite a few Super Bowl Teams over the last 10 years. They had to beat some "harder" teams to get there...;)

2000: St. Louis Rams
2002: St. Louis Rams
2006: Seattle Seahawks
2009: Arizona Cardinals

I am very excited about this coming year. I will admit to being biased, but am confident the 49ers will be a much tougher team this year! Thinking Singletary has that team on the right path to getting back to the playoffs.

Het, not sure if you all saw this....

Attachments

• saints-10.jpg
    saints-10.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 89
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back