NFL 2010 Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
They already stated that they were just trying to scare him. They placed to high of a price on him that no one would be able to match.

Very interesting 1st day of the draft. I am very happy with the 49ers and their 2 picks of the 1st round.

49ers 1st Round Picks:

11 (From the Broncos through Trade). Anthony Davis OT
17 (From Panthers). Mike Iupati OG

Both are immediate starters with great talent. Davis is young and has some maturity problems, but Singletary should be able to take care of that. This solidifys the 49ers offensive line which was a problem area last year.

The "experts" are even saying this could become the best O line in the NFL.

Finally, the 2014 Super Bowl will be played in Meadowlands Stadium in the great state of NEW JERSEY! Football the way it was meant to be played!

About time that the NFL champioship game gets back to it's roots, cold weather and the chance of adverse conditions! I love it!

TO

I like it too. It's football dangit, not soccer. Football, cold weather, beer, nachos, that's what it's about.

@Diddy - I don't think the Steelers needed to get a rookie to replace Ben when the have Leftwich. If he can go 3-3, then they will live with that.

On a side note, I work with a couple contractors that are from Pittsburgh and they told me the people in PA now loath Ben. Now, I'm sure if he comes back and wins 7 or 8 in a row, all will be forgiven as we know how sports fans are. One more slip up from him and he will be tarred and feathered.

@Adler - I would love to see the 49ers become a force again. I sure miss the days of Montana and Young.

Hey Adler..........you see this?????

SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP)—The 49ers moved a step closer to leaving their longtime San Francisco home after residents in the Silicon Valley city of Santa Clara voted in favor of a new stadium for the NFL team.

The 49ers have played in San Francisco since the franchise was established more than 60 years ago and have called Candlestick Park their home since the early 1970s. They have won five Super Bowls during their stay.

By approving Measure J, voters in Santa Clara signed off on a plan by the team to build the 68,500-seat stadium in the city.

Under preliminary terms with the team, the city and area hotels would contribute $114 million to the $937 million project next to Great America theme park.

Team officials spent almost $4 million in support of Measure J

Hey Adler..........you see this?????

SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP)—The 49ers moved a step closer to leaving their longtime San Francisco home after residents in the Silicon Valley city of Santa Clara voted in favor of a new stadium for the NFL team.

The 49ers have played in San Francisco since the franchise was established more than 60 years ago and have called Candlestick Park their home since the early 1970s. They have won five Super Bowls during their stay.

By approving Measure J, voters in Santa Clara signed off on a plan by the team to build the 68,500-seat stadium in the city.

Under preliminary terms with the team, the city and area hotels would contribute $114 million to the $937 million project next to Great America theme park.

Team officials spent almost $4 million in support of Measure J

Yeah I saw that. They are only moving to Santa Clara though and the name is not going to change. They said they will still be called the San Francisco 49ers.

You don't want to cheer for the Santa Clara 49ers? How about the California 49ers?

Uhhgg, doesn't even sound right!

Yeap I am very happy with that signing as well. I think he will be a great back up to Frank Gore and with him the Niners now have a great 2 punch Running Back tandem. He is getting old, is injury prone, but he is a great veteran running back with great hands and great skills. Besides he will not get the ball as much as he did in Phillie, so he hopefully will have a few more years in him after that.

The "experts" are now saying this gives the Niners the best Running Back Duo in the league. Neither is the best, but together they make the best tandem. Combine that with an O Line that should be one of the top in the league this year.

I feel this is going to be a good year for the Niners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back