NFL 2010 Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to lose a game like this! Niners played a great game! For all his mistakes too, Alex Smith played a great game as well.

It was hard to watch! But I was very impressed on how the team (49ers) played, especially Alex Smith. He led a few drives right down the field, and looked great, especially the last drive with 2:00 minutes left. Defense was awesome! Willis is a beast! Hard to lose a game like that, but a few errors lost the game. But a huge learning opportunity for the 49ers.

It was hard to watch! But I was very impressed on how the team (49ers) played, especially Alex Smith. He led a few drives right down the field, and looked great, especially the last drive with 2:00 minutes left. Defense was awesome! Willis is a beast! Hard to lose a game like that, but a few errors lost the game. But a huge learning opportunity for the 49ers.

I agree. The reason the Niners lost is because you can not make those mistakes against a team like the Saints. You let them have the ball in the red zone and they are going to burn you for it.

If the Niners had played any other team last night they would have won. I do not think this is that bad. Sure we are 0-2 right now, but I think we can still do something this season.

They really played super, I was almost pullin for them......almost. If i was a 49er player, i would be pretty proud of the effort last night. Their next game will show what their made of....I think it is the biggest game of their season. Bad luck you cannot control and mental errors can be fixed. Chiefs up next. That is the right team for them to play, their 2-0. Beat them and the high will keep rolling along.

Bush gone 6 weeks with broken leg, This really hurts since the Saints have not played well in both games so far......Ouch.

I was not thinking a broken leg. That is too bad! Bush has not had a good week at all, and this will not help the Saints. Too bad.

Looking forward to tomorrows games. I think this will finally be the week that the Niners break out. I still believe in a Division title and a play off spot.

Anyhow, on to my picks:

Last week: 8-8
Overall 16-16

This weeks picks:

Tennessee Titans 21-19 New York Giants
Cincinnati Bengals 33-14 Carolina Panthers
Pittsburgh Steelers 14-13 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
New England Patriots 30-3 Buffalo Bills
Baltimore Ravens 22-13 Cleveland Browns
San Francisco 49ers 31-6 Kansas City Chiefs
Dallas Cowboys 21-17 Houston Texans
Minnesota Vikings 27-20 Detroit Lions
New Orleans Saints 27-23 Atlanta Falcons
Washington Redskins 17-10 St. Louis Rams
Philadelphia Eagles 17-9 Jacksonville Jaguars
Indianapolis Colts 24-14 Denver Broncos
Oakland Raiders 15-13 Arizona Cardinals
San Diego Chargers 20-17 Seattle Seahawks
New York Jets 23-10 Miami Dolphins
Green Bay Packers 26-18 Chicago Bears

Don't overlook my Chiefs.

They've been winning ugly so far this year. But the 49ers have a history of going into Arrowhead and getting wins.

Chiefs have a bunch of young guys that will surprise a few more teams this year.

I truly think the Niners have it this weekend. The Niner Defense and Offense are both better and they have the Coach who has them thinking and playing like a team.

Alder , you have the 9ers blowing them away.....I honestly believe they will win, but not by that much. As for my Saints,who have not played well in their first 2, their gonna be in tough against Atlanta.

Alder , you have the 9ers blowing them away.....I honestly believe they will win, but not by that much. As for my Saints,who have not played well in their first 2, their gonna be in tough against Atlanta.

We will see. I think this will be a blow out game for the Niners. The Defense is going to keep playing smash mouth in your face football and the offense is hungry, especially after last week.

Seems like both teams are just feeling each other out so far. Looking for the weak spot. Chiefs O Line is not looking to bad tonight. The Chiefs D Line is also doing a good job of keeping Gore from breaking out. The Niners need to throw the ball deep and take advantage of the rookie Defensive Backs that the Chiefs are playing. Chiefs running game is looking very good.

Last edited:
Going to be a tougher game that I thought. Chiefs have a great game plan and our QB is going to lose it for us. I hope Smith can turn his play around. Doesn't help us that McCluster ist a beast as well! :lol:

Last edited:
I take back what I said before. The 49ers will lose this game, and they will not go anywhere this season.

Why?

1. Alex Smith
He is a **** QB. He is not good enough to make enough plays to win a game.

2. O-Line
Our O Line with two rookies on it is being beaten to death. I think the two rookies will turn out have great careers but they are not ready yet. They do not open up any lanes for Frank Gore and they can not protect the QB.

3. Jimmy Raye
Our Offensive Coordinator sucks! His play calling is boring, predictable and not effective. It could be 3 and 30 and he will call a play designed for short yardage. He does not how to call a game to win and calls the same plays over and over and over and over again. For example in this game, the Chiefs are calling plays that are unpredictable and keep the Niners guessing and on their toes.

That is why the Niners will not win this game and they will not come close to getting a playoff spot. I am tired of it! I am so tired of being disappointed year after year while we make the same mistakes over and over again. We have play makers on both sides of the ball, a good coach. How much longer are we going to give Alex Smith a chance? How much longer are we going to allow Ray to call the plays?

Last edited:
Well I was right about one thing. The 49er and Chiefs game was going to be a blow out! A blow out it is! Just for the wrong team. Congrats Chiefs, you gotta good team this year. You are doing everything the Niners should be able to do with the team we have.

I think Jets will beat Dolphins this week. Last week the Offensive Coordinator finally stopped run after run and got Sanchez passing for a career high for TD passes in a game (3).

If they do what they did last week it should be a good game.

Had it in the bag and he kicks it wide.....ouch. Mistakes on both sides, but all in all great game. The D was on the field far to much just the same. Alder, your niner's are gonna be in tough next week in Atlanta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back