NFL 2011 Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Al Davis would approve. First, look at what they have in Jason Campbell. He has 6 TD's and 4 INT's this year. That's not a lot of scoring.

2nd, what are the Raiders? They are a run first, field position, stop you with defense team. They don't need a Payton Manning type QB, nor do they want it.

3rd, what does Palmer bring? In 2010 he threw for almost 4,000 yards (that's a bunch). What he is going to do is get those linebackers out of the box and back off the DB's from blitzing so much because they want Palmer to hit 4 or 5 deep throws a game. They don't care about completion percentage, just stretch the field.

Look at previous successful Raider QB's, Stabler and Plunkett. Neither were accurate, but both could throw the ball out of the stadium. Plunkett's Super Bowl year he had 18 TD's and 16 INT's. Not great, but he just needed to take the pressure off Marcus Allen and Greg Pruitt in the backfield Look at the Raiders receivers through the years. Willie Gault, Tim Brown, Cliff Branch, James Jett, and now Darius Haywood-Bay. All very, very fast guys. They will stretch the field and open up even more lanes for the running game that leads the league in yards.

What about the draft pics the gave up? The Raiders will have a good year, but we don't know where they will finish. So next year they will probably be drafting in the bottom half of the 1st round. Are you telling me you wouldn't give a late 2012 #1 and a 2013 #2 pic for a starting, veteran, proven winner, QB? I sure would.....in a heartbeat.

The ONLY issue I have with it is Palmer quit on his team in Cincinnati. But, it was Cincinnati. Look at all the other players that have begged and pleaded to get out of that city. The difference is Palmer has millions in the bank and could afford to just walk away.

Last Week: 9-3
Overall: 60-28

This week:

Carolina Panthers 28-14 Washington Redskins (Beck will not be able to bring it...)
Cleveland Browns 21-17 Seattle Seahawks
Detroit Lions 24-21 Atlanta Falcons
Miami Dolphins 14-10 Denver Broncos (The Fish have to get their first win eventually.)
San Diego Chargers 30-23 New York Jets
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 23-20 Chicago Bears (I guess the team with the least jet lag will pull this one off...;)).
Houston Texans 27-20 Tennessee Titans
Pittsburgh Steelers 24-15 Arizona Cardinals
Oakland Raiders 24-17 Kansas City Chiefs (just a feeling...;))
Dallas Cowboys 30-6 St. Louis Rams
Green Bay Packers 23-18 Minnesota Vikings (Even though GB is due a loss as well.)
New Orleans Saints 30-20 Indianapolis Colts
Baltimore Ravens 23-10 Jacksonville Jaguars

The Bad Bay Hackers (Green Bay Packers) still doing well.. sweet, must still be riding high after the Superbowl....

I recently got the PC version of 'Bloodbowl' - Legendary Edition;

Think NFL set in Warhammer/Fantasy medievil styled times mixed with Middle-Earth, spiked gauntlets, face mincers (spiked vambraces), bribing the ref - to allow fouling, maiming, fatalities, Orcs, Elves, Goblins, Humans, Dwarfs, Ogres, Skaven (rat men), Norse, Lizardmen, the Undead; Zombies, Mummies, Vampires, Ghouls Wraiths etc the of course, the 'Bloodwieser Babes'.

Oh, ..and a football.

I hope you have more luck with Bloodbowl than I did. Played it for 20 minutes and threw it in the trash. Nice waste of money.
Madden it deathinately (lol) isn't, yeah, I'm gettin on fine, but then I sort of understand it; although the AI does seem to get better dice rolls, it doesn't play tactically - wasting blitzes not managing tackle zones enough.

My Elf team is doing quite well, just took apart an undead team 2-1 (Tombstone Chiefs) with no fatalities on my side, but a rival fan didn't like one of my linemen, and the kick off dice roll smashed his ankle with a thrown rock at the start 2nd half - he played on still, with one less movement...

I used to play model GW stuff as a adolescant - in order of Table Top usage/ownage; Spacehulk, Man O' War, Bloodbowl, W40K - now I just collect the books and occasional pc game graphic novel.

Last edited:
My aunts friends (used to teach with him) with one of the refs who is officiating the Jets game sunday so she has gotten ticket from him. I'm excited to go. I normally go to about 3-4 games a year. This year so far its this game and the chiefs games that i'll be at.

I think the Bye week will be good for the Niners. Let some injuries heal and take a quick break. We should have Edwards back for the game against Cleveland.

With the Jets crappy offense I'm predicting their first play is a draw play with no blockers nad a loss of 3 yards.

Big win for the JETS!

Overcame early mistakes (fumble return for TD, TD pass called back, pick) and came from being down 11. O line played well (finally), QB played well, running game re-appeared and the D gave up only 14 points, nothing in the 2nd half.

Hopefully this game gets them on the right track.

TO

I know the Colts are bad this year, but damn! 62-7 beating by the Saints! Way to go Saints!

(By the way, just a shout out to Brees...Thanks, your 5 TDs really helped me with my Fantasy team..:lol:)

Man I hate the Ravens.

Their D is fantastic and I'd be scared sh!tless to face them.

Their O is medicore. 6 total yard and no first downs in the first half vs. the Jags. wow

I know the Colts are bad this year, but damn! 62-7 beating by the Saints! Way to go Saints!

(By the way, just a shout out to Brees...Thanks, your 5 TDs really helped me with my Fantasy team..:lol:)

Yes they did!I found it abit strange though that come Monday Morning neither ESPN or Mike&Mike said or mentioned a word about the game.Now ESPN did a 20second blip about Caldwell for next year?That was about it.:dontknow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back