NFL 2011 Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screw them all I say. I'm going bow-hunting instead next fall, either way I'll be sitting on my a$$, but at least out hunting I might fill the freezer with venison steaks.

I'm fed up with the whole lot of them. Greedy owners that threaten to sell or leave the State of they don't get a new stadium. Greedy and childish players, the least paid of them still make way more than I will ever see in my lifetime. This was the final straw for me, I will not be wathcing even if they come back next fall.
I'd like to see the mojority of fans boycott going to games and even watching them on TV for a few weeks to show thier frustration, but I just don't think that would happen on a large scale.

That may happen for a short time, Buck. Baseball experienced that right after their lockout a few years ago, but now their attendance is at all time highs. Football is just too big.

Just think of all the models we could get done this fall if we all boycotted the season. Sounds like a good idea to me.

And watching football is just an excuse to sit on the couch and drink beer on a Sunday afternoon. I for one don't need an excuse to sit on the couch and drink beer on a Sunday afternoon;)

I am so thrilled with this draft. The Patriots pissed away all their picks for 2 RB's...a QB and a CB...none of which they need. The Jets picked two studs of the DL which is the only missing piece.

Pretty satisfied with our draft. I think the 49ers did well, even though the Cards got the one guy that I really wanted, Patrick Petersen.

Oh and the Lockout is back in effect...:lol:

49ers, Steelers, and the Bengals all had very good drafts. Now it's just a matter of who will be able to up their game to the NFL and not be another bust.

Now, will Cam Newton be the next Ryan Leaf or the next Randall Cunningham?

Last edited:
I don't have much thought on Newton. I don't think he is going to be very good at all, but I hope for the Panthers sake, that I am wrong. I hope they prove me wrong as well. All in all I think the QB class this year is pretty weak.

I am interested seeing what Colin Kaepernick will turn into for the 49ers. He is certainly a work in progress, but think his upside outweighs his weaknesses.

Another Meh draft for the Bronco's,certainly did not address a glaring need of DT's, first 3 picks were not too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back