NFL 2011 Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Jets have so much to do this off season.

Sign Edwards or Holmes (I'd say Edwards! Holmes makes the big catch but can't make the easy ones. Edwards does both.) We could cut LB Bryan Thomas and have possibly 30million to play with but since Thomas is a solid player its doubtful. Holmes has offered to entertain the idea of taking less money to say in New York.
We'll have to replace Cromartie with our second year CB Kyle Wilson who has a great teacher in Revis but is still 2nd year.

Also the Jets were super aggressive in cutting players for dead money but now the new CBA has excluded dead money and it doesn't carry over it makes the problem worse.

Too be honest I wouldn't mind loosing holmes, I really wouldn't. He's a HUGE play maker but behind him is Jericho Cotchery who had 5 rec. for 96 yards in the playoffs vs NE. Also we could get Lance Moore (a good slot receiver) And have Edwards, Cotchery and Moore.

Uh...

EDIT
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...could-face-jail-time-for-violating-probation/

Braylon going to jail for 180 days could solve the problem...

Last edited:
Looks like the Eagles might go far in the playoffs. Had some major signings but I'm hoping they have a good kicker/punter. Akers and Rocca are gone.

CHris, can't wait to see your predictions for this year!

Preseason will not tell much. It never does. The AFC is going to be really tough this year. I think there are going to be a few surprises. Not so much in the NFC, but it is just too difficult to tell at the moment.

Only in the aspect of who gets hurt and who is in no shape to play. Agree that it doesn't do much but I'm waiting to see how our new Def Coord handles his job and the new veterans such as Young and Ammabaggdagga (whatever his name ) :). Seems we might have some infighting at cornerback with Samuels, DRC and Ngundarunda Ammaghdaguna (I give up!).

Don't take me wrong. I will certainly watch the Pre-Season games. With the time difference though I won't get up at 3 in the morning to watch any of them. My 49ers are playing on Friday, and I will watch the game on Saturday.

Now when the regular season starts, that is a different story. I will be up at whatever time to watch the game. Hell I even pay over 200 bucks a year just so I can get NFL Gamepass and watch every game that I want to watch.

Teams of interest to me this year.

Pittsburgh - Can they get back to the SB again and beat GB?
Philidelphia - Will all those new pieces fit and can they stomp a mud hole in the Cowturds?
San Francisco - I'm waiting on a return to glory
Green Bay - Repeat baby!!!!!!
New England - Looking very stout on paper. Can you say 14-2 again?

Cowfarts - Will Romo get broke in half? Will Dez quit on the team when things go bad? Will Jerry get more plastic surgery? Can DeMarco Murrey be worse than Marion Barber? I sure hope so. I hope this sorry arse team implodes. We are in a severe drought here in Texas and that moron Jerry told his crew to wash the roof of that dumb stadium. What a jacka$$.

Huh someone picking the Pats as a team to win it....how original :lol:

Looks like the Eagles might go far in the playoffs. Had some major signings but I'm hoping they have a good kicker/punter. Akers and Rocca are gone.

CHris, can't wait to see your predictions for this year!

The only thing is is they have 3 top CB's but it's gonna make the 3rd on mad that he's not a starter :lol: They do have a good looking team but are still lacking in the LB and OL.

At Jets training camp they have a young undrafted LB Nick Belloure or Bellore (dont know how to spell it) whose been pouring his heart into winning a spot. The coaches love him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Huh someone picking the Pats as a team to win it....how original :lol:

I don't care for the Pats but I would rather them win over the Jets anyday (at least as long as Ryan is there). ;)

As for my team...

I am actually pretty interested in seeing how this season is going to turn out for my 49ers. I think we have a great coach and staff who is installing a great system. We have also made some great additions to our team (and some that are questionable). I truely think that Harbaugh is going to be the coach to bring glory back to San Francisco.

Coach wise I think he

I am hopeful too Chris. I was excited when we first got Singletary, and loved his attitude and intensity, but he had mixed results at best. Harbaugh brings to me renewed excitement and enthusiasm, we'll have to see how he does, but I too am hopeful, he has some solid results behind him.

The thing is Harbaugh seems to know what he is doing. He has had success with other teams in the past and he comes from a coaching pedigre. His father and brother were both successful. I think he has the ability and the right staff right now to do good things.

He brought back the west coast offense, thats one good thing right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back