NFL 2011 Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Jet is no coward.....and happens to be one of the best players in the NFL.

Nick Mangold's take on the Jets situation.....

While Sanchez has yet to respond (and he may choose to never respond), teammate Nick Mangold rushed to the quarterback's defense via Twitter.

"If 'unnamed sources' want to attack Mark, man up and put your name to it," Mangold said.

TO

I think it is going to be a good game. Basically, the Saints have the better offense, the 49ers have the better defense. not sure about special teams, but hte 49ers has been brilliant this year. Any thoughts?

Yea it's tough when they never faced each other. They say defense wins championships. Saints fan, but I'd personally give them a little better odds. Having said that, I think that it comes down to who wants it more. Only watched half a Niners game this year and saw all Saints games. Sometimes this year the Saints were Dam Good , other times they were Insain !!! - the Rams game...LOL. I have no doubt in my mind that they should win. They very well could get their asses handed to them. If that happens what the hell . A 109 lover here has had a bit of a dry spell. Still have the Boston Bruins (Stanley Cup Champions) . Go Both Black Gold !!!!!!!!

I really figured he would have been hire, given the fact that he had that great game in the SB with 5 TDs, no interceptions and over 200 yards. That must have been over 100 QBR.

Y A 109 lover here has had a bit of a dry spell.

Dry spell? 7 Years is a drought!!!

Last Week: 2-2
Overall: 172-86

This week:

San Francisco 49ers 27-24 New Orleans Saints (Game winning Field Goal by Akers, of course this game could go either way though...)
New England Patriots 41-23 Denver Broncos (Tebow will not outscore Brady...)
Baltimore Ravens 24-17 Houston Texans
Green Bay Packers 30-27 New York Giants

I hope your right on the 49er game, but I don't think you are. I watched the game last week and Brees is on a roll. I just don't think Alex Smith can keep up with that offensive attack. It's almost like the Saints say, "We are going to score at least 40. Can you?"

Can't go against my team. Besides the Saints have not played a Defense like the Niners.

Going to be a very tough game. 49ers may very well lose it... I hope and pray though that they dont.

I think the Saints are the better team overall, but hoping our Defense makes the difference. As long as it is a close competitive game (I'd take a blowout in the 49ers favor, don't get me wrong!), I'll be happy. That's not entirely true, let me rephrase that. If the game ends in a 49ers loss, it will be easier to take if it's a close game I should say!

I agree. The Saints certainly have a huge advantage on Offense. I just hope the D can punish the Offense, and we can win the turnover and field position battle. If we can do that, we can win this game.

It is not going to be a walk in the park for the Saints, as many Saints fan seem to believe.

At least I have something to watch tomorrow afternoon! Excited for the game! Hope it goes our way! This could make or break my whole weekend though! Need a great performance from both Smith's, Willis, Bowman! Hit em where it hurts!

Now this is funny from a New Orleans blog....

Our Breesus, who art in Nawlins, hallowed be thy name. The bowl will come, it will be won in Indianapolis as it is in The Dome. Give us this Saturday, our weekly win. Give us touchdown passes, but do not let others pass against us. Lead us not into frustration but deliver us to the SuperBowl. For thine is the MVP, best of the NFC, and the glory of the Fleur De Lis, now and forever. AMEN

Here's something to think about, what happens if Green Bay loses? I still think Greeb Bay is the team to beat, but they can be beaten.

If GBay loses and Niners win you guys get to host NFC game and vice-versa if the Saints win we host.

Not sure if any Saints fans think it's going to be a walk in the park. I'm sure they , like myself feel pretty good about our chances. One of their biggest hurdles is Alex Smith......na just kidding , the real grass field could make a difference though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread