NFL 2013 Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorlifter

Captain
Jun 10, 2004
Knoxville, TN
With the multiple coaching changes on the way that will affect the 2013 season, I figured the NFL 2013 thread should be started. First post.....

Andy Reid signs a 5 year deal to coach the Kansas City Cheifs and gets the #1 pick in the draft.

With the multiple coaching changes on the way that will affect the 2013 season, I figured the NFL 2013 thread should be started. First post.....

Andy Reid signs a 5 year deal to coach the Kansas City Cheifs and gets the #1 pick in the draft.

I will start the 2013 season, when the 2012 season ends...;)

My team isn't going anywhere as we are in re-building mode. I wonder what QB Kelly will get - Hold onto Vick or Foles or just find a new QB?

Nothing - Nada. Nows about the time.

Chris, is there anything you would change on your team? I saw that loss as only a rookie QB and thats all. You've got a good team.

I think we need to improve our secondary. That has been our weakest area all season long. It is still strong, but we are lacking a true shut down CB. I think we need to improve play calling as well. I think if a designed run had been used on that 3rd and goal with less than 2 minutes left in the game, we may have won the SB.

Oh and Kicker, we need another kicker...

If I had to rank our positions, I would rank them like this:

Coaching: A-
QB: B+ (Potential to be an A+, but more experience is needed)
RB: A (We are stacked at the position)
WR: B- (Crabtree has developed, but we need another solid Receiver. Manningham might be that when he is healthy)
TE: A
OL: A+
DL: A
LB: A+
DB: B-
K: F (When healthy and confident, he is an A, but it is time for him to go)
P: A
ST: B

You're right on that running play - that was surprising.

I think Akers is finally done.

But it looks like you guys have a great QB for the near future. Held himself well in one of the most pressure cooker games there is.

As a Ravens fan, let me enjoy this past season a little more before thinking of next year. Ozzie is going to have a rough time keeping some key players with the money that Flacco is going to get now. Reed, Kruger, Ellerbe, and Cary Williams are all free agents.

As good as Flacco is, I don't think he is worth "Elite" QB pay.

I don't know Chris I have not been a big Flacco guy over the years but his completion/interception ratio is real good and no interceptions in post season(?).The two turnovers hurt the 49'ers and then the big runback stiffened the Ravens but I was impressed with the young QB's poise even as far down as they were.The guy just needs to remember don't get broken some like Vick did in the early years running alot.I actually found myself cheering the the Ravens I guess it was the underdog thing.

Alex Smith to Kansas City Chiefs
San Francisco 49ers agree to trade Alex Smith to Chiefs - NFL.com

I like the implications of this. The Niners now have the following draft picks:

1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 5, 5, 6, 6, 7, 7

We have 2 picks in the top 34 and 5 picks in the first 3 rounds. We can try and get top talent in the draft now. We also have bargaining chips if we wish to try and trade up for a higher 1st rounder or even trade for top talent with other teams. I saw we make an offer to the Jets for Revis.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...9ers-the-rich-get-richer-with-alex-smith-deal

Last edited:
Bundle up some of those pics and get a top player.

As usual, my Steelers are at home with their head in the sand. I want to see them make significant moves this year. Maybe it will work, but maybe it wont, but at least try!!!!

Eagles have the 4th pick. Everybody is saying that Gino Smith QB from WV will be available at that position but.....Iggles already have 3 QBs with Vick resigned and them picking up Dixon along with Foles. I think they are going to trade down and get more picks and let someone else take Smith.

In a salary cap move, the Steelers release James Harrison. Great player and I hate to see him go, but at 35 years old and due to make over 6 million this year, he had to see it coming.

I think this is a smart move. Harrison is a great player, but at his age he is not going to be as dominant as he was before. Better to get younger talent for cheaper.

And the 49ers get Boldin. Hell of a pickup for Kapernick to have another target. Should also really help out Crabtree.

And the Seahawks get Percy Harvin. Man oh man. Two young rising star QB's get terrific targets.

The NFC West just got a hell of a lot stronger.

Harvin to Seattle really helps out their WR situation. Wilson now has a fast deep threat.

Boldin is old, but can still produce. Kap now has Crabtree, Manningham and Boldin to throw to. That is a very good recieving corps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back