NFL 2013 Thread (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bronco's did pretty well with Vasquez,Welker and Cromartie,Bradley and Knighton should help also.Need running backs thou.

"A bit of NFL trivia....

The 49ers are the only multiple NFL Championship team since the playoffs began (1933-2011) to never have lost, once they made it to the title game.

Steve"

?? Steve, the loss to the Cowboys in Four NFC Title Games must have been so traumatic that you forever blanked it from your memory. Until 1994 season, the Cowboys were the 49'ers worst nightmare in Playoff games. The Cowboys beat the 49's in two consecutive years 1970-1971 in the NFC Title Game, lost to SF in 81, then beat SF twice more consecutively in 92-93.... not to mention losses twice to the Bears and once to the Giants?

Did I miss your Title game definition?

Ah, the Superbowl - not the game to get you there. True enough

Last edited:
"A bit of NFL trivia....

The 49ers are the only multiple NFL Championship team since the playoffs began (1933-2011) to never have lost, once they made it to the title game.

Steve"

?? Steve, the loss to the Cowboys in Four NFC Title Games must have been so traumatic that you forever blanked it from your memory. Until 1994 season, the Cowboys were the 49'ers worst nightmare in Playoff games. The Cowboys beat the 49's in two consecutive years 1970-1971 in the NFC Title Game, lost to SF in 81, then beat SF twice more consecutively in 92-93.... not to mention losses twice to the Bears and once to the Giants?

Did I miss your Title game definition?

Ah, the Superbowl - not the game to get you there. True enough

Yeap the Title Game is the Super Bowl, and before that the NFL or AFL Championship.

Now my Niners are no longer the only team to have made it to multiple Title Games and never lost. Still 5-1 is a pretty damn good Super Bowl record.

If Revis knee holds up he will solidify Tampa Bay defense to be in top 5 or six defenses in the league.

49'ers have big chance to swap stockpiled 5th, sixth and 7th round choices to move up in 1st, improve 2nd, third and fouth positions with multiple 3rd and 4ths. This is a chance to develop a dynasty like Cowboys in 92-96 if they don't screw up with their choices.

Jets should improve with draft choices gained on Revis trade and fill major holes - except for major one between Sanchez left and right ear. If I were Jets I would upgrade Corner and maybe pick Barkley late in first round by trading #13 down for a late 1 and 2. SF might be in market for #13 with that kind of swap.

If Revis returns to his old self and does not become his usual locker room distraction, combined with Goldson, the Bucs could have an amazing Secondary.

I question however that Goldson will remain effective. Until Harbs and his staff came along he was good but not great. He flourished in the system they installed. We shall see.

I think Reid will have to be very, very good to replace him. Despite the flak that the Cowboys are taking for swapping places in first round and getting the extra 3rd, the combination of Frederick and Williams gets the Cowboys the best (ranked) Center who started at both Center and Guard and the most productive WR in Williams. Williams will stretch the field as a rookie and has a chance to put three very dangerous wide outs plus two very good pass catching TE's in a 3rd down package that will be very tough to match up on. Most teams don't have three top quality CB's and two top quality Safeties that can cover.

If Frederick can augment the running game and give Romo another second in the middle the Cowboys will score a Lot of points.

Defense will be good if starters stay healthy - otherwise Cowboys will have to score a lot of points.

On paper the 49'ers should be at the top of Vegas oddsmakers but Atlanta really improved and so did Green bay. The 49'er are toast (IMO) if Kaepernik goes down but that is pretty much true for all NFL teams except for Washington..

Hey Harrison whats the word on Ivory up in that neck of the woods?I see he just started his first game as a Jet last week not to impressive but the guy is a real motivator.I kinda hated to see him leave but can understand with him staying injured about half the time but it's the way he plays physcial plow through football.Ingram played better when Ivory played because he challenged Ingram whom I am not sold on yet.I did see Ingram make a nice cut last week on the inside line which he seems not to fond of or can't see that well.I will have to add the Jets to a semi-watch list now Ivory is one passionate/motivated running back if he can stay healthy.

Well the Seahogs are certainly off to a good start. Lets see if they hold up to the hype. Greenbay was quite the challenge with LOTS of mistakes by Seattle. LOTS.

I can't really expect much from my Eagles this year. Re-building mode. But.....

1234396_656097617748819_1969246996_n.jpg

As a courtesy and since some of us missed the fantasy draft again (which includes me) I am going to put out a little reminder that the regular season starts tomorrow September 05, 2013 with the Ravens taking on the Broncos.
Make sure to check your fantasy team rosters and make any changes before game time which is 08:30 PM Eastern Time.

You and I start the season going against each other once again Njaco.

Not sure about the rest of my team but my QB is Aaron Rodgers.

Wheels

With the start of the season tonight, it is time for annual weekly picks.

Denver Broncos 30-27 Baltimore Ravens
New England Patriots 33-17 Buffalo Bills
Seattle Seahawks 24-20 Carolina Panthers
Cincinnati Bengals 21-20 Chicago Bears
Miami Dolphins 17-10 Cleveland Browns
Minnesota Vikings 27-24 Detroit Lions
Indianapolis Colts 27-9 Oakland Raiders
Kansas City Chiefs 17-14 Jacksonville Jaguars
New Orleans Saints 41-30 Atlanta Falcons (Brees has his coach back...)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 23-7 New York Jets (Revis going to screw with Geno all night long...)
Pittsburgh Steelers 17-14 Tennessee Titans
San Francisco 49ers 27-21 Green Bay Packers (Only because the Niners are my team, in reality, it will be very tough to beat them 3 games in a row...)
St. Louis Rams 24-14 Arizona Cardinals
New York Giants 23-17 Dallas Cowboys
Washington Redskins 20-17 Philadelphia Eagles (Too much Locker room drama in Phili...)
Houston Texans 27-13 San Diego Chargers

Peyton played a stormer indeed, be impressive if he keeps up that type of performance all year, be hard to beat them then.

Raven's certainly looked like they missed Pitta and Boldin (lets hope he is a good for the 9ers as he was the Ravens) but sometimes there just isn't much you can do when the opposing QB plays that well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back