NFL 2013 Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a game between the 49ers and Packers!

Kaepernick is a beast! Over 400 yards passing and 3 TDs.

Bolding, over 200 yards receiving. Baltimore you screwed up by trading him to us.

Go 49ers!!!

What a game between the 49ers and Packers!

Kaepernick is a beast! Over 400 yards passing and 3 TDs.

Bolding, over 200 yards receiving. Baltimore you screwed up by trading him to us.

Go 49ers!!!

He looked good Chris but inside I was rooting for the Cheeseheads only the lesser of two evils to me :) Saints did okay kinda slow out the gate still not sold on Ingram?Pierre Thomas still did better the guy is slippery not as big but finds that hole.Saints defense looks to be better have to see how the season plays out.

Got to say San Fran looked really good, had hoped the Patsies would lose,Giants looked fugly,Jets got lucky....

Well obviously they didn't in Jan's warped sense of the world.

Niners did look good, Boldin seems like a great pickup. Davis looked good as well. Be interesting to see what happens when they play the 2 tight end sets with the WR's as well. Still more to come from the offence as well I reckon (and the defence for that matter). Be interesting to see how the rest of the WR's play when the get into the game more.

The Pack defence was improved against the run but the secondary was poor.

Matthews hit on Kaepernick was uncalled for and no Staley should of been called for a penalty as Matthews punch/slapped him twice.

Bring on the Seahawks...

The NFL has come out and said that it was a mistake. Staley never should have been penalized, and it should have been 1st and Goal on the 3 yard line for the 49ers. Staley only ran over and confronted Matthews. Matthews then started hitting him. Matthews is a punk, and he is the only one to blame for it.

Joe Staley shouldn't have been penalized, NFL says - NFL.com

My favorite quote from all of this:

Colin Kaepernick: "If intimidation is your game plan, you better come up with a better one..."

Yeah I saw that earlier, I agree with that assessment, be interesting to see if any retrospective punishment is put on Matthews after the debate that has gone on today. I doubt it though, just as well Kaepernick was ok, looked an awkward fall. Ejection would of been a suitable punishment looking back on it. Just as well they got a touchdown on the drive anyway, so it didn't really affect the result.

Yeah I saw that earlier, I agree with that assessment, be interesting to see if any retrospective punishment is put on Matthews after the debate that has gone on today. I doubt it though, just as well Kaepernick was ok, looked an awkward fall. Ejection would of been a suitable punishment looking back on it. Just as well they got a touchdown on the drive anyway, so it didn't really affect the result.

According to NFL Network, Matthews will probably be fined by the NFL. Since this is his first offense, nothing else will happen. I am fine with that.

He should have been ejected from the game though. First the late hit, then the punching/slapping of Staley. Both should have been cause for an ejection.

Oh well, it is over though, give him his fine, and lets move on with it. In the end no one was hurt.

Vick looked good...guess it's the "fast" offence. Niners are strong. Steelers look to be in trouble. Saints run was off they started slow , but I think they will be ok. Miss Ivory.

Vick looked good...guess it's the "fast" offence. Niners are strong. Steelers look to be in trouble. Saints run was off they started slow , but I think they will be ok. Miss Ivory.

And they let McKindley go and did not even keep him for the practice squad :dontknow: McKindley's hands were abit bit slippery but the guy was a bull and better hands can be taught.Pierre Thomas avg.4.8yds to Ingrams 1.5 this last game and this is Ingrams 3rd year now.I like a runner who plays with passion and a bruteness that almost makes one incline fear.It seemed last year the harder Ivory played when he could the better Ingram played but Ingram should need that kind of motivation.

As long the O-line can protect Vick and the defense can last a full 4 quarters, this year might be a surprise for us. Not the SB but maybe back in the Postseason?

Last Week: 10-6
Overall: 10-6

This Week:

New England Patriots 24-17 New York Jets (Brady missing his Receivers, but will still win...)
Atlanta Falcons 23-14 St. Louis Rams
Baltimore Ravens 24-10 Cleveland Browns
Carolina Panthers 27-20 Buffalo Bills
Chicago Bears 23-14 Minnesota Vikings (Ponder is holding the Vikings back)
Green Bay Packers 33-27 Washington Redskins
Houston Texans 28-15 Tennessee Titans
Indianapolis Colts 30-20 Miami Dolphins
Dallas Cowboys 23-20 Kansas City Chiefs
Philadelphia Eagles 24-21 San Diego Chargers
Detroit Lions 27-19 Arizona Cardinals
New Orleans Saints 30-17 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Denver Broncos 33-30 New York Giants (The Manning Bowl!)
Oakland Raiders 20-17 Jacksonville Jaguars
San Francisco 49ers 23-20 Seattle Seahawks
Cincinnati Bengals 27-17 Pittsburgh Steelers.

Some interesting game this week. Carolina literally lost the game in the final seconds on a botched defensive play. The Jets almost pulled of an upset of pretty boy Brady. Baltimore looks really beatable, now that they have no receivers to make Flacco look good. Chicago came from behind to put the Vikings down in the last seconds. Miami taking down Andrew Luck and the Colts. Alex Smith starting off 2-0 with his new team after taking down Dallas. Arizona upsetting the Lions.

Now on to my game of the week. 49ers at Seahawks. It is going to be a battle in the wild west tonight!

Well it's a plus in the W column but talk about sloppy.Now is anybody interested in a #22???While other running backs carry or bore through defenders he seems to laying down...........The old guy in the backfield(Thomas) in his few snaps put up more yardage!

Now we are down 4 defense players/lineman

Mark Ingram 21 [email protected]
P.Thomas 14 [email protected] carries players/bores through
Chris Ivory 22 [email protected] carries players/bores through and we traded a player with passion/heart???

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back