Not a ship or diorama guy... But WOW!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Robert Porter

Senior Master Sergeant
This is just plain incredible, found it on Pinterest!
edd1cf8085a4ea7a5c6c19ee834857de.jpg

Descent Into Infamy. Battleship Row is depicted in the early moments of the torpedo attack on December 7, just prior to the first torpedo detonations. The battleships California, Maryland, West Virginia, Tennessee are 1/700 scale MinihobbyModels modified with cage masts from Tom's Modelworks. The battleships Oklahoma, Arizona, and Nevada are from 1/720 scale Revell kits. USS Vestal and USS Neosho are scratch- built. The two Japanese Kates visible above Ford Island are 1/700 Kate from Fujima Sea Wave Models.
CV-6 Enterprise at Dock #10.USS Vestal (scratch-built) berthed at F-1, USS Enterprise (Tamiya) berthed at F-2, USS California(MiniHobbyModels) berthed at F-3 and USS Neosho (scratch-built) berthed at F-4.
RSDescent into Infamy.jpg
RSAerial view of Ford Is..jpg
RS1010 Dock across to Ford Is-CV6 at F-2.jpg

Aerial view of Ford Island The ship in the foreground (Berth F-1) is a 1/700 scratch-built USS Argonne. Berthed at F-3 is the USS California (1/700 USS Arizona from MiniHobbyModels) and USS Vestal (scratch-built).

I'd say that about 1/2 his ships are scratch built as well. I can't even begin to imagine the skill and talent involved in such an undertaking. Even the research involved in such detail staggers the imagination...

I have seen some awesome large scale dioramas, including large train layouts as well, and I am always impressed at the level of detail, and attention to authenticity in most. Aside from the skills involved in building a diorama itself there is usually some serious knowledge of the subject behind each one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back