Off the screen for a couple of days.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Airframes

Benevolens Magister
Aug 24, 2008
Cheshire, UK
I'm going to be 'computerless' for two or three days, as of sometime tomorrow (Saturday). My PC has been having the odd wobbly now and then, so it's going in for a total re-build and update. I'm hoping to be back in action by Monday, with a faster, better set-up which won't b*gg*r about as it does at the moment!
Don't know how I'll cope without my dose of forum, but at least I might be able to get the current picture finished!!

Very true Karl! Colin, they're not the kind of wobblies you're thinking about!!

Very true Karl! Colin, they're not the kind of wobblies you're thinking about!!
Damn, OK, might be something else then :)

If you've not had the lid off say, since you bought it, the heatsinks on the CPU and the VGA may well have grown a beard - made entirely of dust. If they're not pulling heat off the respective processors then you might get wobblies, if the CPU is AMD then it will be significantly more troublesome, their life can be measured in seconds without adequate cooling.

Is your folders option set to show hidden folders? If not, do so and get rid of a truly massive amount of stuff you don't need and defrag. If you're not PC-conversant, I'll show you which ones

Jus' scratchin' the old dome trying to save you some pennies here Terry

Thanks Colin. The set-up is just over 5 years old, and was last up-dated about a year ago. I can quite understand that everything could have grown a dusty beard, as my place id the World Storage Centre for dust!
I de-fragged a couple of days ago, and that's all OK, but to be honest, it needs more RAM and a bigger hard drive (on Pentium III at the moment), and just a total 'seeing to'. Cost wise it's not a problem, as my mate, who 'built' the thing, has his own PC and Software company, and is going to do the whole thing, inlcuding specing up the video card for VHS to DVD recording etc, and adding extra 'slots' for further updates etc at a very reasonable cost.

Thanks Colin. The set-up is just over 5 years old, and was last up-dated about a year ago. I can quite understand that everything could have grown a dusty beard, as my place id the World Storage Centre for dust!
I de-fragged a couple of days ago, and that's all OK, but to be honest, it needs more RAM and a bigger hard drive (on Pentium III at the moment), and just a total 'seeing to'. Cost wise it's not a problem, as my mate, who 'built' the thing, has his own PC and Software company, and is going to do the whole thing, inlcuding specing up the video card for VHS to DVD recording etc, and adding extra 'slots' for further updates etc at a very reasonable cost.
Ahh
no worries then

Thanks Andy, and none of this ganging up with that Swettish bloke and hatching plans involving Wild....that thing, whilst I'm abscent!!

:lol: Terry, you just had to bring that up didn't you? :lol: You will be missed in your absence but I guess we will have to find a way to survive somehow. Oh, and the more RAM you can get the better as long as the processor can handle it.:)

Is he gone yet? Aaron, break out the Wildcats! We'll put a couple in his living room, one in the fridge...oh...and one in the loo!!

Watch it, I'm still here!
Thanks guys. Evan, the picture is the Harriers in Belize, which should have been finished ages ago! Next is the RNZAF Museum one, of the Boston, at the same time as doing one for the Slavicin Museum, Czech Republic...oh, and finally starting a Mossie one I promised Jan!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back