Off the screen for a couple of days.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I think he's gone, hasn't posted yet today from what I can tell!

Terry in his younger days:

rc_f4f_3.jpg

Alright class, break out the history books. Chapter 32, page 17....

We hold these wildcats to be self-evident, that all wildcats are created equal, that wildcats are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable wildcats , that among these are wild, cats and the pursuit of wildcats. That to secure these wildcats , wildcats are instituted among wildcats , deriving their just wildcats from the consent of Grumman. That whenever any wildcat of government becomes a wildcat to these ends, it is the wildcats of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new wildcats, laying its wildcats on such principles and organizing its wildcats in such form, as to wildcat shall seem most wildcats to effect their wildcat and happiness. Wildcats, indeed, will dictate that wildcats long established should not be wildcat for light and wildcat causes; and accordingly all wildcat hath shown that wildcats are more disposed to wildcats, while wildcats are sufferable, than to wildcat themselves by abolishing the wildcats to which they are accustomed. But when a long wildcat of abuses and wildcats, pursuing invariably the same wildcat evinces a wildcat to reduce wildcats under absolute despotism, it is their wildcat, it is their wildcat, to throw off such wildcats, and to provide new wildcats for their future security. --Wildcat has been the patient sufferance of these wildcats ; and such is now the wildcat which constrains Grumman to alter their former wildcats of government. The wildcat of the present King of Great Britain is a wildcat of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct wildcat the establishment of an absolute wildcat over these wildcats. To prove this, let wildcats be submitted to a wildcat world.

Grrr! You shower of Bar Stewards!!!
I'm back!
My computer has been fitted with a special filter device, which automatically changes undesirable words or phrases. The word 'Wildc....' - that word, has been changed to read 'gorgeous blonde', so now I don't have a problem with numpties posting references to a gorgeous blonde!!
Seems that my computer's boiler had given up, and the coal supply had run out. Because of this, all the electricity had leaked out of the steam-driven generator, and the abacus had ceased to function. (well, that's how I interpreted the technical explanation, anyway!).
I now have a new set-up, with brand new dilithium crystals and a two-stage supercharged warp drive, I believe. The only original part still surviving is the CD reader/writer, and the capacity and speed is now measured in volumes, rather than paragraphs.
Now all I need is Volume 2 of the 'Janet and John' computer books!!!

This 'new' PC is great!! It's much, much faster at everything - including not being able to open pictures in forum posts!!
Got a glitch somewhere, which I hope is something simple. Wojtek has been helping me, but so far, it aint playing! Need to speak to the guy who supplied the hardware, as it worked ok on the 'old' Internet Explorer.

Sounds like your missing a plug-in Terry or something similar. They are small programs which allow you to see and use different types of formats in online programs if I'm not totally lost. Course I'm the wrong person to be diagnosing this.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Aaron. I'm leaving it alone for tonight, and I'll get it checked-over tomorrow by the guy who put the hardware together. Everything else seems to be working ok, although I did just get a note advising I wasn't logged-in when Itried to post some pics - very strange, as I was, of course, logged in!!

Actually, since Forefox has become so popular, it's been getting alot of attention from the "bad guys"...

Aparently, one of the "safest" (nothing is really safe) browsers out there is Google Chrome.

I have both IE8 and Firefox on my machine, and I honestly prefer IE, though I miss my IE6...that was the best.

Yep, it was IE6 I had until the up-date to IE8, along with new hard drive and all the other internal bits. I recall having a problem about a year ago with Firefox, after my last PC up-date, where it wouldn't operate some systems, but can't remember what. Ah well, just have to wait and see I suppose. Always seems to happen to me, everytime I get anything 'new', it always seems to have a problem somewhere. Darned good job I don't do skydiving anymore......!

None old boy, too busy trying to get bl**dy pics to open! I've tried Firefox again, and now I remember what the problem was last time - no pics at all, not even red 'X's this time. So, back to trying to figure out why, after an update which is supposed to be better, faster etc etc, I can't see any bl**dy pics!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back