Official Sig / Avatar test Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

First of all you need a lot of patience.Secondly five or ten cans of beer it depends on how complex a siggy has to be.Sometimes a break is needed as well.The rest is a piece of cake.

Hi guys here is another siggy design. BUT how do you get rid of the straight lines to big back to the drawing board
View attachment 93877

You mean the border? Okay, here a tutorial from me how you could do this in Paintshop pro, just to get some of you under way:
1. I've loaded your picture in Paintshop
2. Created a "Pictureframe on a new layer on top of the picture and also made a "Mask layer on top of both layers.
3. After making the pictureframe, I selected the white part with the "Magic wand" selection tool and pressed <CTRL>+<C>
4. Selected the Masklayer and pasted the frame I copied in 3 on the Masklayer. After pasting, I choose the function "Negative" to make the white black.
5. Deselected the stuff and saved as a png file for transparency and see the result.

After all this you probably would like to redo the text

Attachments

• Voorbeeld1.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 134
  • Voorbeeld2.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 112
  • Voorbeeld3.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 162
  • Voorbeeld5.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 110
  • day_of_the_fighters.png
    74.1 KB · Views: 143
Thanks for that Marcel

it will have to wait till tomorrow now being celebration that a local soccer team staid up. SUNDERLAND. Newcastle and Middelsbourgh got relegateted ( bit tippsy )

imalko, I'm kinda partial to line drawing, especially pen&ink as I was supposed to be a graphics artist in my younger days. Oh well.

Marcel, I have a headache. I never knew thats what I'm doing when I'm doing it!

Test

Attachments

• snafud1new png.png
    48.8 KB · Views: 108
  • snafud2-Gif.gif
    42.9 KB · Views: 124
  • snafud2a new.png
    49 KB · Views: 23,701
Last edited:
Both looks great but the first impressed me very much.
I like the form.Did you use the forum background colour or a sample of it?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread