Old draft cards (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

twoeagles

Senior Airman
Oct 18, 2006
Chambersburg
For you volunteer service folks, here is my draft card from the days
we were NOT all volunteer. The good news story was that I was allowed
to finish my aeronautical engineering degree, and I reported to Pensacola
in 1974. It was incentive to keep my grades above 3 point oh!

Any of you other old dogs have yours?

Attachments

• draft card.jpg
    draft card.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 473
I missed the draft by a few years. But I was among the first to be required to register. This was in 1978.

20 years after that, when I had to fill out a form for a low level govt security clearance, I had to report the registration number. They even provided a phone number where you could call to get it.

I wonder how many idiots didn't register like they had to, and then find out the consequences of it decades later?

Tom you just keep pulling out relics from the past... pictures, draft cards... I vaguely remember filling out that selective service card. Checked it online to verify that I did. Guess it doesn't matter anymore, does it! They got me!

They got me!

Went through something of the same thing. Didn't register when I turned 18. Not for any political reason, just too lazy. Finally, I joined up. A year later, when I was home on leave, they called and asked why I hadn't signed up. I told them I was already in.

I thought/guess that ended it.

I think.

Too late now anyway, over the 42 cutoff.

They got me!

Went through something of the same thing. Didn't register when I turned 18. Not for any political reason, just too lazy. Finally, I joined up. A year later, when I was home on leave, they called and asked why I hadn't signed up. I told them I was already in.

I thought/guess that ended it.

I think.

Too late now anyway, over the 42 cutoff.

I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back