Old Monogram HE111

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

RAF Liberators

Airman 1st Class
Apr 17, 2009
Englishman in NZ
www.rafb24.com
Another oldie, I tend to make the older kits (15-30 year olds) as they are a lot cheaper to buy. This one was $18 NZ and just came in the bags (no box) from an online auction. It's an old 1/48 Monogram/Revell kit from 1992. I was surprised to find how well it went together and the fact that even the tires were bulged was a nice surprise.
A bit fiddly in places but all in all a very nice kit, if they ever rerelease it I can highly recommend it.
I had a lot of problems with the decals and ended up making masks and spraying most of the markings by hand. I was able to salvage the smaller decals by spraying the sheet with Klear (yeah that wonder stuff again), I wish I'd thought about it in the begining.
Anyway hope you like the photos, this is my first 1/48 German plane ever, the last one I did was 1/72 and that was about 20 years ago.

DSCF0036.JPG

DSCF0038.JPG

DSCF0039.JPG

DSCF0040.JPG

I welcome your comments on this as there's a lot of firsts for me, just little things like the white, I've not weathered white before and the exhaust staining which is a bit hard to see is using a new technique. Oh and the props are intentionally unweathered because they were wooden, the stickers are inspection markings so they are supposed to look new (at least this is what I was told).

I have one of those too, I put torpedoes on mine it was a prefab build so it went togeather good, your looks alot better then mine but mine is about 16 years old and its been threw alot of moves , good looking model owe !!!!!

You should be proud of yourself you did a fantastic job. Like someone has already said I like the weathering you did to the rudder and White on the fuselage.

I love the look of the HE111. I actually bought the twin model in 1/72 but it got lost in shipping and I never got it. Someday I hope to get it again.

Thanks peeps it means a lot to have you guys praise my work. I must say I am pretty pleased with it myself :D
There's a couple of things wrong with it that I've had pointed out since, i.e. the props should of been dark green and there should be a schwastika on the tail fin but overall I'm pretty pleased with my first attempt at Jerry.
I'm half way through my JU-87 D-5 now :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back