On The Deck

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Naw, leave it to fool the little folks. Aaron you ought to post that 'other' one we found from Iran. :)

Although it looks photoshopped, this pic is real - Ray Hanna flying under a bridge for a film in 1988.

PieceofCakePE.jpg

and a 'artistic' impression from this company...

Xintense

215878_210942529040117_1877378001_n.jpg

Last edited:
Does anybody recall the video wherein a Spitfire flies down a canal and literally looks like it is subteranean disappearing below ground level. I recall that it is a video from the 1990s to 2000s.

Does anybody recall the video wherein a Spitfire flies down a canal and literally looks like it is subteranean disappearing below ground level. I recall that it is a video from the 1990s to 2000s.

That does sound vaguely familiar, Matt. If it's the one I am thinking of, it's like a canal with a grove of trees on either side. Can't place it off the top of my head right now though.

I think the video you recall is the same one in Chris's shot of Ray Hanna flying under the bridge. It was called 'Piece of Cake', from the novel of the same name, and had some excellent flying sequences.
Incidentally, the 'under the bridge' sequence was inspired by an actual incident during WW2, but involving a Hurricane. It was 'performed' by the late 'Jas' Storrar, under a bridge on the River Dee, near his home near Chester. The event has been mentioned in a couple of books, and was confirmed to me, by 'Jas', during an event in Denmark in 1995.
EDIT: Forgot to mention, the 'Piece of Cake' video was a TV series, either 6 or 12 episodes (memory is failing!), and I think it's available on DVD.

Last edited:
I think the video you recall is the same one in Chris's shot of Ray Hanna flying under the bridge. It was called 'Piece of Cake', from the novel of the same name, and had some excellent flying sequences.
Incidentally, the 'under the bridge' sequence was inspired by an actual incident during WW2, but involving a Hurricane. It was 'performed' by the late 'Jas' Storrar, under a bridge on the River Dee, near his home near Chester. The event has been mentioned in a couple of books, and was confirmed to me, by 'Jas', during an event in Denmark in 1995.
EDIT: Forgot to mention, the 'Piece of Cake' video was a TV series, either 6 or 12 episodes (memory is failing!), and I think it's available on DVD.

thanks Airframes

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf3UtmHLKUU

Graeme, great photos there!

I am looking at the three "versions" and I see a few constant factors:
1) the poor bastard on the deck...
2) the hangar structure
3) the shadow of the aircraft (around the poor bastard)

Now, the only shot that has the clearest resolution, is the second photo. This also has landscape and details that the first and thrird do not.

Also, in the second shot, the angle of the aircraft in relation to the photo's perspective is true or correct. Add to that, the shadow of the aircraft (seen around the aforementioned poor bastard) in the second photo is proportionate to the aircraft...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back