One Lucky Guy!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

GregP

Major
Jul 28, 2003
Chino, California, U.S.A.
We had a couple show up at the Planes of Fame Museum today. Talk about a lucky guy, his wife bought him three rides ... one in a P-51D, one in our P-38J and one in our F4U-1d Corsair!

Now THAT's a keeper of a wife! 8)

Uhmmmmm.......
This Wife has something to be pardoned, hasn't she?
To think to bad things is a sin, but very often you hit the bull's eye......

Well, if it helps the lady's case a bit, she is a pilot, too.

I don't get your question, Cherry Blossom. Personally, I'd turn down a flight in any of those planes, and they don't exist anyway. I'd take flights in most any of the German service planes, but why ask for trouble?

The only reason I posted this is because this is the first time anything like that has happend in the 8 years I have been volunteering at the Museum, other than a corporate outing.

We DID have the chairman of Sony Corporation charter a flight in our B-25 and a P-51 while the A6M5 Zero and our other P-51 flew close formation.

Last edited:
While we were watching the takeoff of the P-38, Les Whittlesey rolled out his Lockheed 12A and fired it up. They are in the middle of an annual inspection and it will be back in the air soon after that has been accomplished. Here is a pic of it in the hangar.

7163797189_a1af9df118_h.jpg

I don't really know. Looks like one but, then again, it could also be a P-40 prop. I found this pic on the web becasue I didn't have my camera when Les rolled out the Lockheed.

There is an actual, flyable P-38 about 2 hangars over (the former Honney Bunny), but I really don't know the origin of the wall prop.

I don't really know. Looks like one but, then again, it could also be a P-40 prop. I found this pic on the web becasue I didn't have my camera when Les rolled out the Lockheed.

There is an actual, flyable P-38 about 2 hangars over (the former Honney Bunny), but I really don't know the origin of the wall prop.

Maybe a taxiing P-40 hit the wall a bit hard and that's all that's left as a reminder to pilots to watch where they're going?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back