oops

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

midway-864b.jpg

I think that's when they were moving aircraft to the Air Force Museum when the construction at the present location was finished. I remember seeing a picture of The Strawberry B!ch being moved over the same bridge.

I found the pictures I was thinking of in a very old book about the Air Force Museum. The move was made in 1971 when the first of the hanger-buildings of the current museum complex were completed in 1971. It must have been something to be there and see that parade coming down the highway!

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 256
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 253
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 252
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 260
I found this recently, it was not pilot error though, but a tornado.

B-36 oops.jpg

It could be a photo montage, using different photos of actual damage, but I can't see why that would need to be done, unless to emphasise the effects of the tornado for whatever reason.

Good stuff. Presumably then, in the photo in question, it's perhaps just an optical illusion.
Geo, that shadow I think is a combination of the actual shadow, and perhaps part of the tubing, along the same axis, of what I think is the landing skid support on a a Bell 47G helicopter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back