P-40 Twin

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for all your support.

I've been busy filling in the gaps between the nacelles and wing with bits of plastic and CA. The starboard nacelle is finished including the scribing of panel lines but there is still quite a bit of work left to do on the port side. These nacelles were the hardest part of the 1/72nd build and they are even more work on this one.
I didn't take any pictures last night but will take some after work today and get them posted.

Just a quick update.

The wheel bay openings have been cut and the interior of the nacelles sprayed with interior green.

At long last the fuselage glued to the wing/engine assembly after every thing has been sanded down and all the new panel lines scribed.

A lot of work completed in the last couple of days

All the bodywork done and the tail fins on.

I had a go at fabricating a N-3C reflecting gun sight and it worked out ok

I was going to use the kit supplied landing gear legs but thought they looked to weak so I fabricated new ones out of aluminum and plastic tube as seen next to a kit gear leg below. The drag links still need to be fabricated.
The entire length of the aluminum tube at the upper end of the legs will be f1tted into a socket drilled into the nacelle structure making the sturdiest landing gear mount on any modal I've ever built

Test fit of the landing gear which I'm very happy with.

Users who are viewing this thread