P-47D RAZORBACK, 1/48 Monogram " DONE! "

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Gracias Wojtek

You are right about the antenna ... I must thin it a little more and improve overall silhouette ... is a matter of a little more sanding. There was also seen in several photos that its position is slightly to the left side. You will remember that the Monogram kit brings it at the center. I think I can live with it, like the misallocation of machine guns which come of the wings aligned with the center of the wing and not in parallel with respect to the floor.
(Only because it is my first Pecua, in successive and other projects I put more attention and ask them earlier to keep learning and improving)

Good pictures you uploaded!

Thanks again buddy.

Thank you for your kind comment George and I share your opinion.

Good stuff Luis. One small point regarding the prop decals - the Curtiss Electric badge always had one prop blade pointing vertically down, towards the tip of the real prop, so that the wording was then correctly orientated for reading.

Wow ! , that as seemingly insignificant detail at least for me, but important if I intend to make a miniature replica of the original aircraft !!

To get this straight ... the Curtiss Electric badge is the round logo?, It is the brand of propeller? or each propeller blade?
I guess this is on all types of propellers, have any image to understand what you are commenting?

Wow that's an interesting observation Terry, and for those who intend to do things right, we are very flattered to meet surrounded by people as knowledgeable and experienced.

All your contributions enrich my work, I admire and understand increasingly this beautiful hobby.

Thanks to all.

Yes Luis, it's the round badge with the three-blade propellor. The words 'Curtis Electric' would be at the top of the badge, at the root end of the prop, with one prop blade in the badge, the lower blade, pointing towards the tip of the real propellor.
When a Hamilton Standard prop was fitted, the oval-shaped badge would have the words 'Hamilton Standard' at the top, towards the leading edge of the propellor.
It's amazing how often the badges are incorrectly aligned on models - an easy thing to overlook.

Terry interesting explanation ... as it is important to know and understand small details that together all contribute to making finest replicas.
I've been with a lot of work (thank God ), plus get into a few repairs bricklayers in some parts of the house.

Barely I give me time to comment on some of your work. I promise and I need to continue my therapy plastic, glue, paint and annexed.

Continue to accumulate new aircraft projects that I acquire , so in this month, I hope to finish my P-47 and Nakajima, to get started with another two !!

Gracias por las visitas y saludos

LC SANCER

Thanks for sharing Graham, places that hold so many amazing memories, one can not imagine that so many remain intact, have witnessed than it has wrought societies today.
Somewhere (book, magazine or film), some time ago I saw a number of places that were the main scenes of WWII and the way they are preserved today. Just extremely interesting.

I appreciate your words and visit.

Un fuerte abrazo compañero.

Luis Carlos

Well it's funny because i shared this pic on another site that I'm on under the title " name the Plane" granted it's more automotive related but so far according to most it's an A6 Hellcat which it is clearly not and to my knowlege the only F-6s flown in Europe were Royal Navy.

I'm with you, in the last picture is clearer and is a "Pecua"

Best regards and superb weekend AMIGOS

Luis Carlos
SANCER

And the same Jug IMHO...

The caption says - "The P47 aircraft of 2nd Lt J A Weese that crashed into the sea off St Aubin-sur-Mer on 10th June 1944. This photograph was taken 3 weeks after it was recovered from the sea and left at the top of the beach."

That kind for your comments, Lucky13 Wayne.

Wojtek friend, that "gift" to find striking images and pictures ... you are one Emeroteca for all of us !!
Then the P-47 fell into the sea and then was rescued and brought into ground. Many had to believe it was shot down and fell on the beach !!
Every day you learn something new. Thanks for sharing.

Greetings.

Barely eleven months I did my last contribution of photos to my "Pecua" ... and from early June had not done anything about it.

As you know I'm working on my Me-262 and I got the inspiration to continue the P-47, while the German dry some things.

... Some views as washing the lower turbine, exhaust and machine guns were ...
(Last 2015 photos)

Today I dedicate to replace the two pieces that hold the bombs. I made from a can of Coke ...!
I made golden with a branch of PE (and time waiting, I lost two of them) ...

I also did tests and let the landing gear inner gates installed ...

With this brief preview I leave for the moment and hopefully "put the batteries" to end soon this beautiful bird ... and are just details to add the missing accessories.

Pecua is a nickname or "pet name" in Mexico FAM pilots (Fuerza Aerea Mexicana) said to the P-47
"Pe forty seven" = "Pe cuarenta y siete" .....Cultural breviary

Many thanks for your visit and I remain conscious of their comments.

See you soon!

Luis Carlos

Working with rocket launchers:

I chose to improve supports to the wings with pieces of stiff wire, which will give better hold ...[-o<

... Everything was fine, until I broke the last stand of the second rocket launchers!

... So, to improvise and overcome the setback (to keep practicing corrective work ....)

...the final result...

To be continued...

Users who are viewing this thread