P.M. Thatcher

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hear. Hear.

MM

Attachments

• _66799776_000643605-1.jpg
    _66799776_000643605-1.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 315
Last edited:
Maggie T, perhaps the PM of modern times that splits opinion most has died.
I won't express my personal view on her reign but, I will say that she has to be amongst the most iconic post war leaders since Atlee Churchill.
Goodbye...your legacy will never be forgotten...

Uk. Not England.

She was remarkable. Controversial. Loathe or love.

Hard to write without going down the rant path so I will stop.

Rest in Peace, Lady Thatcher. :salute:

She was a tough customer, and many in Britain came to hate her. Yet she was true to her convictions and in the best of british trsditions stood against aggression and tyranny. She gave her nation pride in itself, and saved part of its people from enslavement.

No disrespect to the Argentinians, they are a changed people also because of her. but for me, she is a politician worth honouring. and lord knows there are precious few of that type these days. [

She was certainly divisive! Like Marmite,you loved her or hated her. There were parties last night in Brixton,Glasgow and other places.I remember only too well the poll tax riots,miners' strikes etc.

There were people chanting a new version of the old "Maggie,Maggie,Maggie,out,out,out." "Maggie,Maggie,Maggie,dead,dead,dead." Not particularly clever but it shows how deep the rancour still is in some communities after so long.

Personally I couldn't stand her or anything she stood for.

I will not however celebrate her passing,she was someone's wife and mother too. I had my celebration when she was stabbed in the back by her own party and forced out of Downing Street. I was at work when someone announced that they had just heard that she had resigned. There was a loud and spontaneous cheer from everyone present,very bizarre.

Cheers

Steve

A great person is defined by their enemies ...... have MT's "opponents" advanced Britain since her demise ...?

MM

Attachments

• 1297400483046_COMICS.jpg
    1297400483046_COMICS.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back