Perfect Lifting body

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

...must bleed energy with that blunt front end

Well, there were some sacrifices... The contractor was directed to make Binocular Target Acquisition and Systems Guidance top priority and that made the leading edge a bit large. It excels at night operations!

Last edited:
If I remember right, it also has a high degree of stealth properties that allows it to approach and intercept targets without being detected by thier early warning gear, too.

Absolutely! Good call..

Special wing modifications make for a nearly silent flight.

I think all of y'all's perspective is wrong. That's a high-tech model ON TOP, with super-advanced breakthroughs in flap and wing design, streamlining, structural enhancements, and grappling systems. The matte-black night-fighter is bringing back the test drone...

If I remember right, it also has a high degree of stealth properties that allows it to approach and intercept targets without being detected by thier early warning gear, too.

Actually I think there is a lot of truth to the stealth claims. If I recall correctly, the small feathers in the face of the owl are specifically to reduce air turbulence/sound. Thus the owl absolutely has stealth qualities.

>>Actually I think there is a lot of truth to the stealth claims. If I recall correctly, the small feathers in the face of the owl are specifically to reduce air turbulence/sound. Thus the owl absolutely has stealth qualities.

>>The feathers are also designed to reduce noise, unlike normal bird feathers.

Guys.. play along...! Thats what i meant by:

Special wing modifications make for a nearly silent flight.

I've long thought that owls had the most amazing adaptations...

Guys.. play along...
I was playing along
but while we're in wildlife documentary mode: the wing feathers of normal birds are stiffened for the job of flight, the rustling/air beating noise is easily picked up with a reasonably large bird winging past overhead. The owl's flight feathers have a downy coating which does indeed reduce noise.

We need HoHun back for this one, he was a bit of an ornithologist, wasn't he?

Attachments

• owls-silent-flight.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 85

Users who are viewing this thread