Pics from Weekend Flight (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

heh, sounds like the SR-22 is more difficult to control than other planes

Something I was thinking about. I don't so much think it's more difficult, just a different type of flying.

If you flew/fly Cessnas or Pipers, you are used to a very manuverable airplane that is responsive all through the range of actions. They both have hershey bar wings, lots of lift and in the case of some of the Cessnas, flaps as big as a barn door. I think the design philosophy behind them was safety through lots of lift and responsiveness with less concern for speed. Some of the trainers of those breeds will litterally chase their tails if you pull the yoke back and have the throttle full on. Especially the 152, man, that thing will turn in under a 100 yards if you really push it.

I think the Cirrus birds are designed to go fast with safety being supplied by the parachute. Things get squirrelly, pop the chute and float down (been told if you do that and there is no damage to the airframe in the landing that they can repack the chute for 40K). With the idea being to make the airplane as simple to fly and fast, it has to lose something. I think that loss is in low speed manuverability. It can get quirky in the pattern (which is where most of the accidents seem to happen with all airplanes). Once you get it set up on final, and are sure you're going to make the runway, then you drop the last notch of flaps.

That's some wonderful pictures, and it sure seems like the girls enjoyed it. :thumbleft:
Love the cloud pics. Thanks for sharing. ;)

Njaco, flew out of Brandywine over near Wings/Blue Bell right outside of Phila. That was where I picked up the friend and his kid. That's the picture on the final.

No pics of me yet? Yeah, I guess I'm more than a little camera shy (kills my wife to get a picture of me, litterally has to schedule it months in advance with a photographer). Besides, my daughter is much better looking!:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back